Well, it's done - or at least begun. Our house is in escrow, which means we'll know within the week whether it's sold. if it goes through, we have to be out by the end of June! There will be pizza and good times for anyone who is in possession of moving boxes and big muscles.
In related news, we have put in an offer on a new house! New to us, at least. The house is actually rather an elder statesman, at least by Mesa standards. It was built in 1964, and we find it to be quite the stylish retro specimen. It has everything we were looking for in our next house: close to the fam, beautiful neighborhood, good school district, a bigger yard, another bedroom, lots more wiggle room, and NO CARPET! Best news *ever*.
Here's a little info and some pictures, although they don't do it justice. It's got some issues (we'll call them "quirks") but we've got big plans to give it the Dave-and-Rachel treatment, so rest assured it's going to be absolutely fabulous when we're done with it.
Oh, and the little boy pictured up top there is really excited because the house next door has a waterfall cascading over their front porch. That's right. A waterfall.
You're welcome, Dev.
Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 10:25 PM
but it seems all the footage has been of Evie lately. Tomorrow I'll try to get Dev doing his world-famous Mater impersonation. It'll knock your socks off.
Anyway, just wanted to share a couple of happy little videos of HRH The Pigget this week. First off, we have some lovely footage of her dunking one of her diapers in the toilet (it was clean, thank GOODNESS!)
And next up for your viewing pleasure, we have her talking on the phone. No, I don't know to whom. I respect her privacy. (Um, but on second thought you can't see it because YouTube won't upload it. Drat. Sorry.)
We made a counter offer on our house today, and we should hear back from our buyers tomorrow. They knew exactly what was coming so we are expecting that they will accept, send over an appraiser, and we will get out our fanciest pens and sign a big big stack of papers. And then we will do a Freaky Little Happy Dance and commence to packing! I guess we better figure out where we're going to live next. Holy cow!
Does this baby look like trouble or what? She and Daddy were trying to kill each other (I mean, "playing") on the bed yesterday and I heard a tremendous CRACK from the laundry room. I ran in to investigate and found Eve looking very naughty and David looking very sheepish. Turns out our platform bed is not designed to withstand such large, exuberant daddies jumping on it! Fascinating.
I haven't written for a couple of days because I've been waiting to find out what the heck is going on with the sale of our house. My brain is too fried to think of a clever way to phrase it, so I'll just give a perfunctory update and call it a night.
The couple who want to buy our house are looking into some financing options, and we're waiting to get a second (and third!) opinion on our house's value from an appraiser. We should know more early next week. We did do some househunting this afternoon and we found a couple of very appealing possibilities! It's fun, but we're trying not to get too attached to anything yet. I'm not sure it's working.
I'm singing in Relief Society tomorrow morning (as of 2 hours ago!) so that should be fun. I'm playing for myself, and it's a good job too because the song is "His Hands" and hopefully I'll be too busy to bawl like a freakin' baby.
Which do you want first? (Don't forget who's in charge here - you'll take whatever I give you!) *evil cackle*
I think I should include at least one evil cackle per day. That can be my trademark. Excellent.
OK, bad news first, since it goes with my photo du jour. Eve was possessed today. Seen the Exorcist? Just like that. Don't know what got into her, but she was positively demonic. I had David take some pictures of my new wrap and we managed to catch her looking just "tired" in one, so we'll use that so as not to offend our more sensitive readers.
And the good news is that we are going to be receiving an offer on our house tomorrow! A young engaged couple came by not once, but twice today and she said we will definitely be hearing from them. I'm choosing not to panic yet, since this happened once before and then the buyers changed their minds - but it does look promising!
So, watch this space closely for updates. When I know more, dear reader, so will you.
Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 8:01 PM
And you thought you'd seen the last of me! *evil cackle*
Since I've had my ego very thoroughly stoked by all my adoring fans (I mean, completely biased family members) and have shored up new reserves of energy via frozen pizza and Weinhard's vanilla creme soda, I'm back to finish the job. I refuse to let a silly little blog project get me down.
17) I am a master multitasker. Conversely, you could also say that I am completely devoid of focus and discipline. I have realized this very day that I *cannot* do one thing at a time. While I'm nursing the baby to sleep: I am counting to 300 so I know when it's safe to lay her down. I am mentally rehearsing "Choose Something Like a Star" (for a series of concerts that have already taken place, might I add). I am concocting witticisms to add to this illustrious publication. I am trying to design a household budget (which explains why our household budget is so woefully inadequate - because I'm doing it inside my already overcrowded brain in a dark room in a rocking chair!) It's always like this. I think I need therapy.
18) I taught my son to say crap. He does a fine job, if I do say so myself. "Let's get all this cwap out of the way" he says to me. I guess if that's the worst bit of vocab he ever picks up in this house, I can live with that.
19) Remember how I said I love shoes? And I wanted to get some? Well, I got some. Actually, my dad got me some. They're dang cute. I think I'll use them for my photo this time around.
20) Have I mentioned my dad is awesome? He is. David calls him my Sugar Daddy. He's a good shopping partner. We picked out a pair for my mom, too - maybe those can be my photo for tomorrow.
21) Actually, my whole family is pretty spectacular. My mom is incredible, my mother-in-law is the sweetest lady alive (seriously, who loves their mother-in-law?) My brother is the Drawing Student of the Year at the finest high school in the nation, possibly the world. My bro-in-law is about to graduate from aforementioned high school, my little sister-in-law just done got herself elected VP of Taylor Junior High, and my father-in-law is "Gwampa". Oh, and my sister is a famous actress. Famous, I tell you!
22) Are you jealous yet?
23) Oh wait, darn near everyone reading this is IN my family! Not much to be jealous of then, is there?
24) Whew, running out of steam again. Curses. Good thing we're almost to the end!
25) I'd like to use my parting words of the day to say a special something to the good people at the National Basketball Association. If the Suns lose this series, and their shot at a title, because of your stupid "no players off the bench" rule...well, I'm sending the bill for my marriage counseling to YOUR office. You heard me. My husband is seriously grouchy and I'm holding you entirely responsible. You better PRAY they win tomorrow. I think Angie's with me.
It seems appropriate that my first real post should be one of those "tell us 25 things about you that no one cares about" lists, courtesy of my sister-in-law Angie. (Not that no one cares about you, Ang! That didn't come out right). Anyway, everyone who knows me knows I freakin' LOVE these questionnaire things, so I'm only to happy to get my blog off to a rip-roaring start with...
...25 (hopefully) funny/useless/semi-interesting tidbits about The Wiz:
1) Since I already blew one by telling you that I love these questionnaires, I guess I might as well let the cat entirely out of the bag and disclose that I also love personality tests. My friends will attest to this. I have actually suggested group personality-testing as an alternative to bowling, dinner, or a movie on a Friday night. Yes, I am strange.
2) I have the cutest kids in the world. Wanna see? Sure you do. You'll have to look up top though, since that's the only place I can get the pics to show up.
3) At the rate I'm going, it's going to take me 4 days to finish this list. I'm currently typing left-handed while nursing a very wiggly blond baby. Don't worry, I'm a professional.
4) Angie, this one's for you. It is one of my small, simple joys that our garbage man comes down our side of the street LAST in the whole neighborhood. That's the only way I ever catch him!
5) I am addicted to baby carriers. I think I'm addicted to a lot of things, but we're only talking about carriers right now. Got to pace myself. I am, later this very day, going to meet my friend to pick up a new one that I didn't need. I've gotten very good at finding things to sell on Craigslist so I can indulge this obssession without also having to hire bankruptcy and divorce attorneys.
6) And where are said friend and I meeting to make this exchange? Scottsdale Fashion Square. Now there's a bright idea if I ever heard one - send the shopaholic with no money to the best mall in Arizona. Grrrreeeeaaat.
7) I eat the same thing for breakfast every day. It's just easier this way. Alpine Valley Cinnamon Raisin bread, with butter, and a banana. And juice if we have it.
8) I usually only wash my hair once a week. Maybe twice, if I'm feeling extra sparkly.
9) I said my kids would never wear cartoon characters. Devlin is, at this very moment, watching Toy Story and wearing nothing but Lightning McQueen underwear. I rule.
10) I am growing basil in my windowsill. This is significant, because I am world famous for killing any plant I come in contact with, usually in a matter of days. This year I have managed to keep an amaryllis alive for MONTHS, and my basil already smells like basil. And much to my amazement, it keeps getting taller! I feel very smug.
11) I love sparkles. I have a package of stick-on rhinestones that I am planning to use on my new wallet, which is cute but entirely too plain Jane. If I do not succeed with the stick-ons, I suppose I shall have to buy a Bedazzler. Do they still make those?
12) I love shoes. I got my mother-in-law a pair for Mother's Day, and ever since I've been plotting how I can get more. For me, for other people - I just want to get some shoes!
13) This is taking way too long. Can I just do 15 things about myself?
14) It's my blog, dangit! I'll do whatever I want! You're not the boss of me!
15) OK, maybe I'll come back later and finish.
16) This is vintage Rachel, by the way. Big plans, little follow-through. I am ashamed.
And with that, I'm off to shower. Pretty exciting, eh? Hopefully I'll get better at this...