25 random "things"

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 8:05 AM

2



It seems appropriate that my first real post should be one of those "tell us 25 things about you that no one cares about" lists, courtesy of my sister-in-law Angie. (Not that no one cares about you, Ang! That didn't come out right). Anyway, everyone who knows me knows I freakin' LOVE these questionnaire things, so I'm only to happy to get my blog off to a rip-roaring start with...

...25 (hopefully) funny/useless/semi-interesting tidbits about The Wiz:

1) Since I already blew one by telling you that I love these questionnaires, I guess I might as well let the cat entirely out of the bag and disclose that I also love personality tests. My friends will attest to this. I have actually suggested group personality-testing as an alternative to bowling, dinner, or a movie on a Friday night. Yes, I am strange.

2) I have the cutest kids in the world. Wanna see? Sure you do. You'll have to look up top though, since that's the only place I can get the pics to show up.

3) At the rate I'm going, it's going to take me 4 days to finish this list. I'm currently typing left-handed while nursing a very wiggly blond baby. Don't worry, I'm a professional.

4) Angie, this one's for you. It is one of my small, simple joys that our garbage man comes down our side of the street LAST in the whole neighborhood. That's the only way I ever catch him!

5) I am addicted to baby carriers. I think I'm addicted to a lot of things, but we're only talking about carriers right now. Got to pace myself. I am, later this very day, going to meet my friend to pick up a new one that I didn't need. I've gotten very good at finding things to sell on Craigslist so I can indulge this obssession without also having to hire bankruptcy and divorce attorneys.

6) And where are said friend and I meeting to make this exchange? Scottsdale Fashion Square. Now there's a bright idea if I ever heard one - send the shopaholic with no money to the best mall in Arizona. Grrrreeeeaaat.

7) I eat the same thing for breakfast every day. It's just easier this way. Alpine Valley Cinnamon Raisin bread, with butter, and a banana. And juice if we have it.

8) I usually only wash my hair once a week. Maybe twice, if I'm feeling extra sparkly.

9) I said my kids would never wear cartoon characters. Devlin is, at this very moment, watching Toy Story and wearing nothing but Lightning McQueen underwear. I rule.

10) I am growing basil in my windowsill. This is significant, because I am world famous for killing any plant I come in contact with, usually in a matter of days. This year I have managed to keep an amaryllis alive for MONTHS, and my basil already smells like basil. And much to my amazement, it keeps getting taller! I feel very smug.

11) I love sparkles. I have a package of stick-on rhinestones that I am planning to use on my new wallet, which is cute but entirely too plain Jane. If I do not succeed with the stick-ons, I suppose I shall have to buy a Bedazzler. Do they still make those?

12) I love shoes. I got my mother-in-law a pair for Mother's Day, and ever since I've been plotting how I can get more. For me, for other people - I just want to get some shoes!

13) This is taking way too long. Can I just do 15 things about myself?

14) It's my blog, dangit! I'll do whatever I want! You're not the boss of me!

15) OK, maybe I'll come back later and finish.

16) This is vintage Rachel, by the way. Big plans, little follow-through. I am ashamed.

And with that, I'm off to shower. Pretty exciting, eh? Hopefully I'll get better at this...



Comments (2)

Yeah, Rachel!! Now, i have yet ANOTHER blog to stalk! I highly enjoyed your 25 things...you are freakin' funny, yo. tell the short people @ your house "hi" from me & the bow.

Go you! Thanks for being so entertaining. I've been gearing up for the 25 things. I'm so boring...notice it hasn't happened yet.