5 reasons why moving is more fun with kids

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, June 5, 2007 at 1:44 PM

7



Today was my first day packing up the house, and I am lucky enough to have 2 extremely devoted and attentive personal assistants mimicking my every move.

1) Eve thinks every open box, empty shelf, and vacant closet is a piggy hiding hole. This child is definitely not claustrophobic! In the last week, I have pulled her out of spaces I wouldn't have thought a gerbil could crawl into more times than I can count. Not sure what she's trying to accomplish, but she's having fun, that's for sure!

2) When Devlin discovered that we were packing for the "new house", he promptly retrieved his suitcase and stuffed it full of all his monkeys. I've told him we're not leaving for 3 weeks, but he wants to make very certain that none of his friends are left behind. It seems they are packed for the foreseeable future.

3) Every time I open a new box, four pudgy eager hands appear clutching books, cars, bananas, cookie cutters, picture frames, telephones, sheet music, canned goods, and basically anything less than 4 feet off the ground. These kids *love* packing! Too bad they can't read, or I'd make them a list and put them to work.

4) Um, I can't think of anything for number four. All this fun fried my brain, I guess.

5) Mercifully, they do periodically go to sleep and I actually get something done! Like, blogging. All righty then.

And now, I'm off to make myself incredibly frustrated and angry by watching yet another Presidential debate - God bless America!

Comments (7)

Ah, the joys of moving! Keep up the good work, yo!

Can't wait to help you move all those boxes to the new place!

This comment has been removed by the author.

Oh, that I could join in the fun, I mean tedious manual labor. I suppose I'll get my fair share on the weekends. :)

Happy, Happy, Happy packing...and Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary you little love birds, you.

david, do you have a blog?

Hey Rachel, just wanted to say THANKS for coming to my shower last night! It definitely was fun having you there. Your kids are adorable by the way!