One big monkey

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 8:03 PM

4



Hello everyone, I'd like you all to meet the absolute sweetest, smartest, practically perfect-est in every way (hang with me on the grammar thing) almost 4-year-old in the whole wide world. His name is Devlin Thomas Dixon. Here he is.

We had a lovely day today - Evie's idiot mother (oh crap, that's me!) fed her Reese's Pieces after lunch so she slept the hives away all afternoon via a healthy dose of Benadryl. That left me and my man Dev the run of the house, and we made all kinds of mischief with Mack trucks, tractors faster than a speeding bullet, flying whales, and lots and lots of empty boxes. Nana and Papa also came by and briefly absconded with him. They went to the car wash and he came home smelling suspiciously of chocolate. I love grandparents!

Some of Devlin's favorite things right now are: tractors, Cars (particularly if their names are Lightning and/or Mater), all forms of aquatic life, treats, bubble wrap, his friend Abby next door, swimming (especially with floaties), fighting with Eve over who gets to stand on the stepstool in the kitchen, snacks, hugs and kisses, and "jumping" with Daddy.

I guess the best compliment I could give Dev is that he kind of makes me want to have another baby (kind of!) because so far, he just keeps getting sweeter and more fun with every day that goes by. I secretly don't even mind too much when he wakes up in the middle of the night and climbs in bed with us...

...just next time, we're buying a King size. Love you, Dev.

Comments (4)

i love you too devy! oh, and hang on...oh, bowie says "hi evie & devy!"

Yeah, I pretty much adore that little man. Tell him Granny says hi. Sorry about the reece's pieces mishap. Give that girl a hug for me.

Great post, Rachel! What a great Mom you are! Dev and Eve (how do you like those palindromes?) are blessed to have a mom (another palindrome) like you. Lest Dave feel left out, he too is a palindrome (dad).

I don't know where my brain is. Dev isn't really a palindrome, is it? Eve, mom, dad ... DTD does it!