Flying by the seat of our collective pants

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 7:14 PM

4

So, um, there's been some quasi-mutiny among my hordes of rabid fans regarding the lack of photos in my last post. Therefore I, ever the gracious host, have decided to give the people what they want. And you don't *even* want to see pics of my epically consummate disaster of a house right now, so don't even ask. All in good time, my pretty, all in good time.

My most excellent husband, rightly surmising that I was at my wit's end with this whole business of moving into the same house we'd just moved out of, knocked my socks off Thursday night by announcing that instead of taking Devlin to preschool the next morning, I was to pack for the weekend because our whole stinkin' family was headed off to sunny California for our first *official* just-the-four-of-us family vacation!

So, like, I did, and we did, and it was awesome.

In no particular order, we have here one happy mama and two seriously excited kids at the gates of Heaven (sorry, Disneyland):



Piglet in repose, with bink.



If this face isn't Trouble with a capital T, then I don't know what is.



Crazy Evil Disco Piglet (inside Space Mountain, hence the lighting).



Dev waiting ever-so-patiently in line for Pirates (actually I think his exact words were "I just *can't* wait any more!")



It's okay to be jealous of my adorable family. Don't fight it.



The hizzle and I also got a few hours to ourselves, courtesy of Eddie Izzard, El Cholo Restaurant, and the fabulous Redd family.



La Brea Mall was right next to our hotel (no, that's not the Coach store in the background! I don't even like Coach! It's, um, Radio Shack) and Dev
only wanted to make "silly" faces for the camera.



Dinner with the Redds Sunday night included Fudgesicles for dessert (unfortunately only one per person, as Eve had just been informed).



Dev was more excited for The Beach than he was for Disneyland!



Fish-baby.







Watching the surfers.



Everyone should get to be this happy at least once in their life.



Thanks for the memories, guys.



Comments (4)

It looks like you guys had a grand time. Fam excursions are the best. Those are some freakin' cute pics too! Aw, can't say that I'm not jealous...that beach looked really fun! What a spontaneous adventure...

What a fun surprise -- a blog post AND exciting news! It looks like your beach experience was decidedly sunnier and warmer than ours... :)

Look at those fabulous pictures! What an beautiful family! That is so exciting! I'm so glad you guys were able to go and enjoy your weekend in Disneyland. It is the happiest place on earth!

YOur family is so cute!!!