Shameless

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 5:38 PM

7


I'm not the kind of gal who sits around waiting to get tagged. I just read something I like, and brazenly steal it for my own. So Angie had this really cute post today, and quick as a flash - it's mine - bwahahaha! (I thought it was about time for another round of Trademark Evil Cackle). Oh, and by the way, you can all consider yourselves tagged as well. You're welcome.

Basics:

1. Who is your man?
David Q. Dixon (this was the alias under which he answered me to Christmas Formal, our first date lo these many years ago).

2. How long have you been together?
Since December 8th, 1997. That would be coming up on 10 years, folks!

3. Dating/Engaged/Married?
We met at Regional Choir when I was a sophomore and he was a junior. I asked to borrow his copy of October Rust
and we were friends from then on out. I asked him to Christmas Formal the next school year and we've never been apart since. We were 16! We got engaged in September of 2000 at the Sedona Jazz Festival, then married on June 8th, 2001 in the Mesa Temple.

4. How old is your man?
26.5, same as me. He's one month older.


You or your man?

1. Who eats more?
Now, that's a very good question! I'm no lightweight, but David is a large man with a large man's appetite. I'd say it's probably a dead heat, depending on what is on the table. He eats more steak, I eat more goat cheese!

2. Who said "I love you" first?
Honestly, I don't remember. It was so very long ago, and it wasn't really something that needed to be said. We both knew.

3. Who weighs more?
Hello, have you *seen* us? He's twice my size. Apply this to every question hereafter.

4. Who sings better?
Oooh, interesting again! Like I said, we met in choir and we are both wannabe-professional musicians. He's a tenor, I'm...well, I call myself a fake soprano. I kinda do it all. But I don't think I could say who sings better.

5. Who's Older?
David, barely.

6. Who's smarter?
Again, I like to think we're a fair match. You've got to fight your weight, you know?

7. Whose temper is worse?
That would definitely, definitely be me. One way to find your answer to this question would be to ask "who has kicked/punched a hole in the wall more recently?" And I'm extremely embarrassed to say that it's this little redhead right here, thank you. I have a rather terrible temper, but luckily it flares quickly and then goes away!

8. Who does the laundry?
Me. Unless he runs out of underwear and I'm in another country or something. :)

9. Who does the dishes?
Me. He does this stuff happily if I ask him to, but mostly house duties fall to me. He's usually out under one of the vehicles or got his head through the drywall, wiring something or other. Or doing bedtime duty.

10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
David. It's closer to the door and this way he has to field Devlin when he gets up in the wee hours!

11. Whose feet are bigger?
See #3. My feet would be bigger if I had skis on.

12. Who's hair is longer?
Mine, although that isn't saying much. I married a Baldy By Choice.

13. Who's better with the computer?
Since his profession centers around the things, I think I'm pretty well obliged to say David. As you can see from the fact that there are 14 different font sizes in this post alone - and it's not on purpose - my technical abilities are limited.

14.Who pays the bills?
David makes bank, plus I have a grand total of 2 (count 'em!) voice students. Hoping to take on more when the babies are bigger though. He also literally pays the bills, as in writes the checks etc. He's got a system, you know?

15. Who cooks dinner?
Me. I haven't turned out to be an awful cook at all - just an unmotivated one. I try not to go out more than once a week, but I don't always succeed!

17. Who drives when you are together?
Usually David, because I am better able to perform the acrobatics and general contortionism required to wrangle the kidlets in the backseat.

18. Who pays when you go out to dinner?
Whoever isn't taking Devlin potty when the check comes!

19. Who's the most stubborn?
I don't consider either of us to be stubborn. Now Eve, on the other hand...

20. Who is the first one to admit when they're wrong?
We're both pretty good about apologizing. I might give the advantage to myself on this one though, just based on the fact that I talk more. David's kind of the strong silent type.

21. Whose parents do you see more?
Well, I see my parents more, but he probably sees his parents more! My parents just aren't as busy as the Dixons, and my dad's work schedule means I have the pleasure of going to lunch with them periodically. I try to make time for all the grandparents as often as I can. :)

22. Who kissed who first?
I don't remember this either! It might have been me, since David hadn't kissed anyone else before, and, um...I had. So I probably took charge of that situation. But it's a little fuzzy now to tell you the truth!

23. Who asked who out?
I asked him out the first time and after that it was history.

24. What did you do?
Christmas Formal? I'm sure I've answered this question already.

25. Who's more sensitive?
This is even sillier than the "who weighs more" question. I am, for goodness sake.

26. Who's taller?
See #3.

27. Who is more indecisive?
Neither of us is indecisive. We both love to "research" aka "obsess" about our little pet projects, so it kind of depends on what the decision is. David has bought about 15 cars in his Mental Fantasy Land this year alone, and I spent approximately 15,783,721,806 hours house hunting online while we were planning to move. Together we took 5 years to choose a paint color for our front room...so maybe we're not indecisive - just thorough!

28. Who has more siblings?
David is one of 6 and I'm the oldest of 3.

29. Who wears the pants in the relationship?
As you might have guessed by my answers thus far, I don't think either one of us is
"in charge". We're both currently wearing pants, as a matter of fact. It always makes me sad to hear about people who just "let their husbands think they're getting their way", or vice versa. Maybe that works for them, but it surely wouldn't fly at my house. We're in this together.

30. Who has the best husband ever?
Is this a rhetorical question? I'm very secure in my marriage, thank you very much.

Wuv you, hunny.

- the wizzle

Comments (7)

I'm kind of shameless in my adoration for both of you! You are a great couple.

Very Cute Rachel! I love finding out more about you and your hubby. We HAVE to get together when I come down. Email me and let me know when is best for you!

As usual...I am glad you were a participant in this blog tag. Thanks for making my brother happy, & vise versa.

Um, so I just barely picked up your message from yesterday. Yes, we shall go to the store...when's good for you? I'm trying to get a hold of Myron {to see what his schedules like} & then I'll call ya!

A couple minor corrections for my favorite redhead:

10) Are we talking stage right, or looking-at-the-bed-from-the-foot-of-the-thing right?

27) Rachel's only indecisive when choosing what to eat at a restaraunt, be it at the drive-through (I *hate* the "thru" spelling, thank you very much) window or with a waiter, uh, waiting. A minor annoyance, but she's perfect in every other way, I promise. :)

that was fun to read. working on the pics. By the way... did you really punch a hole?-

Hey. Emily says we have so much in common! It looks like we do! I look forward to a virtual friendship with you! Ha. We're both aquarius too. Among other similarities I've noted.

Aileena -

Kicked, actually. Yes indeed. I kicked a big fat hole in the drywall side of our kitchen island, but I didn't realize how fragile drywall is! Anyway...