Rock star(s)

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Friday, September 7, 2007 at 9:03 PM

8



I'll just never have any peace if I don't do it, plain and simple.

David's band, formerly known as Scout - master Dave, Liquid Charisma, The Unrest, and countless other (wisely) discarded epithets, has recently reunited after an extended hiatus due to Having Lives And Responsibilities. When last they convened, it was decided that David should step down from the vocalist position and focus on duties as rhythm guitarist and songwriter. This was prompted by some feedback on a demo recording they made a couple of years back and peddled to local record companies/radio stations/concert venues. So, they're in the market for a singer - someone attractive, charismatic, talented, fun, bespectacled (well, they didn't specify bespectacled, but I think it's a very chic look myself).

I'm sure you see where this is going. Besides, everyone likes a chick singer! Look what it did for No Doubt - you don't even actually have to be able to sing, evidently. But I digress.

Long story short, they're holding auditions tomorrow for a replacement singer and I'm on the list. The bandmates want to keep it to their own social circle if possible, so it's going to be me and a couple of other guys the drummer dug up from a hole in the ground somewhere vying for the coveted position of Singer In a Nameless Band Destined Never To Be Heard Outside Of Our Living Room. As David very rightly pointed out, I don't have to be Beyonce - I just have to be the best available option. Good thing too, because Beyonce's got a new commercial and DAYAM that girl can shake it!

I'm not at all convinced I want to do this, but I have always wanted to sing with a band and I guess sometimes you've got to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. Don
't worry, if this thing should take off and we become the next Evanescence, I won't forget all the little people (just be sure to leave me a comment so I can put you on my list of "people to buy Bentleys" when I've hit the big time!)

Comments (8)

So, I am officially on the Bentley list: Continental GT please. In our home we think Rachel Dixon has one of the best voices we have ever heard, so you have our vote even though it doesn't count. Unfortunately, I am not talented enough to try out plus I live in Flagstaff. We would love for you guys to come visit our 76 degree heaven, so let us know when you would like to come. Enjoy your tryout tomorrow

Bob

I will certainly vote for you!

Sooo....I think another post is due....are you indeed the next Gwen Stefani?

BTW, on a completely unrelated note, we saw a lady walking through the neighborhood with short spiky hair and glasses today and Tyler said, "Hey! That looks like Devlin's mom!" That made me smile.

You're so cute. And whatchu talkin bout? You got enough Beyonce groove in you to smash out those . . . okay, I'm not very good at that, am I? I agree with the Sparks and think you're plenty bespectacled enough to sing for this band. I'm the boss and I say you're it.

Sounds like fun Rachel- I hope you guys do lots with group-and if they want best looking- It should definately be you!

Having fun keeping up with you guys. Good Luck with the band!

Hey there! I KNOW you can sing, so you go out and show the boys what's up!