Briefly emerging from my bedroom

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, October 1, 2007 at 1:18 PM

2

Just long enough to blog a bit. I've been so sick this week, and I'm better but not all the way. Yeesh. So all you get this week is one measly little questionnaire post, courtesy of my friend Briann. I haven't given high school much though, um, since I was there so we'll see if I even remember the answers to most of these!

(Oh, by the way, I am only counting Mesa High, not Xavier, because it's easier and I was only at X. for my freshman year so it still pretty much felt like junior High - in other words, profoundly, excrutiatingly, hideously awful.)

1.Who were your friends? Well, I had lots of groups of friends from all my different classes etc. It's hard to remember anyone particularly except the ones I still talk to, though. But I'll get to them later. How about Michael, Giovanna, Jeff, and Sarah?

2. What sports did you play? The end to my sporting career was precipitated by 2 events: I hurt my hip dancing when I was 14 and it was never the same, and after 8th grade they stopped dividing us according to size and I am what you might call "of slight build". Not much hope in the big bad athletic world at large for a 90-pound discus thrower, now, is there?

3. What kind of car did you drive? I drove a 1987 red Acura Integra coupe. Until I totaled it. Then I mostly rode around in David's CRX with 459,328,672 miles on it.

4. On a Friday nights what were you doing? Boy, what WAS I doing anyway? Hanging around at Essenza coffee house, going to movies...I'm not sure, but it seemed really important while I was doing it!

5. Were you a party animal? Pfffft.

6. Were you considered a flirt? In my strange little way, I think I'd have to say yes. Not the most conventionally attractive girl at school, but I was never wanting male companionship, let's just leave it at that. Gotta work with what you have!

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir, choir, choir. Still am!

8. Were you a nerd? No. Smart, yes. Nerd, no.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No way. What's the point of that?

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Is Carry On our fight song? I can sign that to beat the band, but if that's not the "fight song" then I'm fresh out of ideas.

11. Who was your favorite teacher? Lotz, Mr. Olsen, Mr. Skinner.

13. Name of school? Mesa High, baby.

14. School mascot? The fabled and ferocious Jackrabbit! At least we're not yet ANOTHER bulldog.

15. School Colors? Purple and gold! Do you believe it? Hey, the advantage of never being in style is that no one can tell if you ever go out of style.

16. Rival high school? Westwood, supposedly. Do people really care about this stuff? Don't football games sell enough tickets without us having to contrive rivalries too?

17. Did you go to Prom? All 3 years. Like I said, no slouch in the boy department. Do I get bonus points for marrying the guy I went to Junior and Senior with?

18. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Thanks, but no thanks. I have certain very fond memories, but overall I think I am a much less insane person now. I think I'll stay right where I am.

19. What do you remember most about graduation? Actually, not much. Nothing specific, really. Hmmm.

20. Where did you go for senior skip day? Well, you're assuming I was waiting for an official opportunity to ditch. You'd be wrong there, and I have no idea what I did on Senior Ditch Day. Probably went and ate some yummy food somewhere.

21.Favorite memory? Regional and All-State Choir. It will be hard to ever top that. I'm in a better choir now, but things always make a bigger impression on you when you're younger.

22. Were you in any clubs? Choir, Speech and Debate. Didn't really ever do the whole "club" thing.

23. Where did you go most often for lunch? It seems like we went to AJ's a lot for the 2-slice-and-a-drink combo.

24. Have you gained some weight since then? A bit, then strangely lost it all after having my first baby.

25. Who was your Senior prom date? My husband. Well, he wasn't my husband at Prom, but you know what I mean. Name's David.

26. Are you planning on going to your 10-year reunion? Surprisingly, I am quite looking forward to it! I think it will be fun. I like myself, I like my life, it will be interesting to see where other people are.

27. Who was your home room teacher? Home room? Seriously, I have no recollection of home room. Honestly.

28. How many fights did you get in? I'm a lover, not a fighter.

29. Who was your high school sweetheart? See previous.

30. Do you still talk to people from high school? Besides the one I live with, I still see lots of people I knew from high school. Too many to list, actually, but mostly people I knew who married each other and stayed in town.

31. Did you win prom queen or king? I cannot tell a lie - I was nominated for Prom Queen, which is to this day one of the most surprising events of my life, but I didn't win. I guess everyone came to their senses after all.

32. Where did you work in high school? I didn't work in high school, except in the summers. Dry cleaners, directory assistance operator - really high powered stuff.

33. What were your grades? They were good, but they should have been better. I didn't try very hard, except at music. Slacker.

34. What was your dress style? gothic/hippie/romantic/comfortable smush. I definitely had a flair for the dramatic.

35. What year did you graduate? 1999



Comments (2)

Thanks Rachel! It's nice to know that you didn't remember very much either! :)

Hope you feel better soon!