The black hole

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 9:20 PM

2

Actually, it's a really chic, adorable striped hole - not black at all! But I still think it functions the same way: sucking in all light and matter within its massive gravitational pull.

Of course, I'm talking about...my purse.

Tagged by my sister-in-law, I thought this might be funny. My purse has been in wildly varying states of array and disarray over the last week, and I actually have no idea where it currently resides on the spectrum. Shall we go find out together?

1) Sunglasses, in the brown case. Good thing I have a big purse, because these suckers are big! Just the way I like them.

2) Giant turquoise wallet. Plenty big enough to hold any credit, debit, frequent-buyer, or business card you could ever hope to lay hold of - and yet...

3) Cold Stone punch card (used this very evening at Chandler Mall before my midwife appointment - have you ever had their banana ice cream? Can't believe the stuff is legal), coupon for a free Taco Bell chalupa from the D-backs game the other night, and receipt from the car wash yesterday.

4) Two black roller ball pens. The only thing to write with.

5) Not one, but two travel size Aveda hand creams. Not sure how that happened...

6) Simon. He's my green iPod. Last seen playing Peter Gabriel and/or The Police.

7) 6 different lipsticks/balms/glosses. Most days, this is all the makeup I get around to, so I want to have options, apparently!

8) Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle cream, oh how I love thee!

9) Brand-new copy of My Phoenix Pregnancy (from the midwife). Hopefully to contain a Golden Ticket, or at least a substantial coupon for something(s) I almost certainly don't need anyway, but baby-related and thus utterly irresistable.

10) Keys to my car, house, husband's car, mailbox, parent's house, bike lock, gym membership swipey-thing, and cute monkey keychain.

11) 62 cents - hey, that's almost enough for a Taco Bell run!

12) Children's museum membership swipey-things.

13) Cell phone. Charged and everything!

14) Necklace that broke probably at least 2 weeks ago. I'm sure it will be in there for a long while yet before I get motivated to do something with it.

15) Piggy hairbrush, for unruly pigtails.

16) Random paper clip of unknown purpose or origin.

That's not so bad! No soggy diapers, crusty binkies, smarties wrappers, or petrified apple peels. What's in your purse? Consider yourselves tagged. :)

Comments (2)

Very fun. I enjoyed your elaborations. I think the paper clip comment was my favorite. Thanks for playing!

Why don't you consider writting for a magazine, you are incredible. I love your post! You can make some thing so simple, turn into a fabulous story....

Are you kidding? You are always looking great from head to toe, even when you are pregnant....