It's a Wonderful Life

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 1:26 PM

1

Let's see, it's December 9th, so...

9 reasons this week has been wonderful:

1) This little girl here is starting preschool! Today was supposed to be her first day, but the poor thing has a terrible virus or something and she's coughing and wheezing to beat the band. She's so out of it that a few minutes ago she woke from her nap after two hours because she had wet the bed (very unusual), and was still so tired that I just put new undies on her, moved her to her brother's bed, and she went right back to sleep. Still, though, all she can talk about when she's awake is the how she's going to take her "packpack" on Thursday and ride the "tiny bussy". I am so excited for her! (And me, let's be honest).

2) Christmas shopping! I have been having so much fun picking out gifts for my kids especially, and all my friends and family. I love this time of year - the weather is gorgeous, there's lots to do, and I *love* making people happy and getting fun things in the mail!

3) I have the best, the very best, husband in the universe and yesterday was the 11th anniversary of our first date.

4) Devlin was the "music student of the week" at Madison. Whatever that means. :) I couldn't get him to elaborate much, except that he got to sit up front by the teacher (although that's an effect, not a cause. He didn't seem to see the difference).

5) Iris's ugly face rash/es is/are a mere shadow of its/their former self/ves.

6) My solo went pretty well yesterday. I didn't make any mistakes, and I was a little nervous but on balance I would call it a success. I had a new dress so at least I looked good.

7) Now that it's over with, I don't have to think about it any more!

8) I've only had to wash 3 loads of sheets so far this week. This is an improvement.

9) My hair is long enough to put in a ponytail! After a year of growing it out, I think it's officially not short any more. Just in time for me to wish it was short again. Sigh.

Comments (1)

Sorry Eve is so sick! Wah wah! Give her a love from Granny.