Almost-almost Thirty

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Friday, January 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM

8


Yesterday, my amazing husband took one more step toward...I don't know, I guess "middle-aged" is appropriate. It's a little late to say "adulthood", don't you think?

He says he's felt really old since our third child was born, so age ain't nothin' but a number at this point (and I have to say - I wholeheartedly agree!)

Happy number 28 to the man who makes my world go round.

- he wanted a son so he could wrestle and roughhouse with him, but he has Eve in a half-Nelson on a daily basis too

- he never, ever makes me feel guilty for not having time or energy to make dinner/clean the house/whatever

- he will buy any number of unmentionable items for me, of his own free will and choice, without so much as a smirk or a raised eyebrow

- he takes care of himself

- he takes care of me

- he can put together the breast pump correctly with no supervision whatsoever

- he is a welcome grounding force for a little redheaded mama who gets herself all in a dither more often than entirely necessary

- he has this little wild streak that simply will not be squashed, causing him to love fast cars, loud music, and a good debate

- he channels that wild streak into appropriate outlets for a Responsible Father of Three

- he irons his own darn shirts

- he has more shoes than I do

He's just an all-around great guy, and I have been so blessed and lucky to grow up together with him over the last 11 years.

Here's to the next 28, honey.

Comments (8)

Happy Birthday David!! Age is just a number and nothing else:-) Hope you had a good one!!

Happy birthday to my birthday buddy! You are only 1/2 as old as this toddering old granny, so don't worry, be happy! Haha.

Happy Birthday Dave!
I had forgotten how much younger he was than us...lucky! ☺

Happy Birthday Dave! Hey Rachel, i love that photo of you bowling with your baby on your back. Way to Go!

Whatevs, you guys are not old! I am a young soontobe 25, but my husband is over the hill at soon to be 30, so no complainin' folks!! JK!

Yes, here's to 28 more indeed. Love you wife. :)

Awww, you two are adorable.. You are a lucky gal and he is a lucky guy.

Hey Rachel, I was just wondering...where do you get all of your "Baby slings" I am going to have my baby anytime now and I think with me also having a 19 month old...that would be a great thing to have, but I havent been able to find the kind I always see you have. Let me know if you can! Thanks!!!
Shelbi Whittaker