Twenty (Hopefully New) Things About Me

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 8:59 PM

3

I'm stealing this (I think it's called being tagged?) from Heidi's blog. David says I have 5 minutes. 'Twill be a challenge! I'm going to aim for 20 things that I haven't already said on this blog, which is going to be tough seeing as I'm not exactly an enigma wrapped in a mystery. No saucer full of secrets here!

1. I am currently learning a piano transcription of Blackbird so I can perform it for Dejan and his crew when they come to clean my carpets again. Last time they came, they saw all our equipment and they literally *made* me perform a few songs for them. I did New York State of Mind and made one of the guys cry, which was so adorable that I am very much looking forward to repeating the scenario. I don't think carpet cleaners have enough beauty in their lives.

2. I bought a new dishwasher today! This is really, really good news.

3. I love TV shows about serial killers. You name it, I've watched it. Nuclear disasters are also fascinating.

4. My baby rolled over this morning! I heard her wake up on the monitor, and when I went in to get her she was on her back. I sure didn't put her there - she sleeps on her belly and always has. She's not quite 4 months.

5. Wait, these are supposed to be about me.

6. I have a lot of big ideas and not much follow through. Hence, I am publically committing to finish the projects for which I purchased over $100 worth of spectacularly awesome fabric today by Chloe's birthday. (Why Chloe's birthday? Oh, no reason, really. Wouldn't want to give away the surprise!) Anyway, I'll let you know when they're done and if I don't, you all have permission and encouragement to hold my feet to the fire.

7. I hate the pressure of being in charge of meals. Nothing else about managing a household bothers me so enormously. I don't know what my deal is.

8. I love Etsy.

9. I love my kids. In fact, Iris is such an amazingly delightful baby that I am already tempted to have another. Yes, I realize this is a flawed strategy. No, I am not currently planning to act on it. Just in the interest of full disclosure, you know.

10. I really, really enjoy choosing presents for people - birthdays, etc.

11. I love my minivan, and I will defend it to the death against any uppity SUV driver. My car is COOLER than your car. Bring it on!

12. I think my husband just woke up my sleeping baby. Looks like I'm in for another long night.

Yeah...gonna have to finish this tomorrow. What did I tell you about follow through?

Comments (3)

Love this. Please continue . . .

Yes, yes, continue.

I love how you made the carpet cleaners cry. That is the sweetest little story! Do tell us how the next concert goes. :)