In Touch With His Feminine Side

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 4:36 PM

6


Devlin: Do sheep lay eggs?

Me: Well, no. Sheep are mammals, so they have live babies, just like we do.

Devlin: Mammals?! What does that mean?

(Here I launch into some lengthy and probably only marginally accurate regurgitation of 9th grade biology, something to do with live babies and producing milk and...I don't know, that's all I remembered. Devlin wanders off, oblivious).

Devlin, from the other room: Hey, Mom! Come here! I want to show you something.

(I came).

Devlin: Lamby is a very special mammal. She lays eggs, and her babies just poke their noses out of the eggs and they c-r-a-c-k and then they pop out! This is her nest.

So, I guess even when little boys are tenderly building nests for their beanie babies to put their eggs in, they build them out of planes, trains, and automobiles. Doesn't look very comfortable to me, but then again I've never tried it. Maybe he knows something I don't!

Sit on, Lamby, sit on.

Comments (6)

Dev, you kill me. 5-year-olds are hilarious.

Cute. What a guy

Very creative Devlin. That does sound likes special mammal. How funny!!

Yeah - a special mammal stuffed with beans, who sits on a nest made of die-cast cars to incubate an egg that is actually a bead. Very, very special. ;)

a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.

:)

hee hee....too funny. Dre has a Lamby too and she would probably sit on a nest of cars too...lol.