Dev, Dev, he's our man!

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM

3

Shirt: Blue, with homemade pirate ship. It's like someone made a t-shirt out of his life!

Shoes: Vans, with rainbow robots (seriously, am I not the coolest mom ever for finding shoes with robots on them?)

Pants: Devlin has proclaimed them to be "not fancy", as they are merely jeans devoid of decoration or rainbow stitching of any kind. I proclaim them to be as good as it's gonna get, seeing as they do not fall down when he runs and do not (yet) have holes in the knees.

Backpack: Last year's model, still holding up fabulously (thank you L.L. Bean!). Has a tarantula embroidery and many pockets for hiding treasures.

Mom: Totally in control, no crying, sentimental blogging, or other embarrassment because 2 sick daughters and one first day of first grade leaves no time for overwrought philosophical reflections.

Maybe tomorrow!

Comments (3)

I love first day of school outfits so, so much. I wish my kid played along.

I hope the day was happy, at least for Devlin. I imagine the puke factor stole "happy" from you!

It was so fun to see your family last week. I still giggle when I see his face sneaking the butter mints. He's a hoot. Glad you made it home safely. Funny you mentioned the backpack from LL Bean, my sister has the same success with similar ones. :) Hope he enjoys first grade.