Attention Moms of Boys

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM

2

Every mom of boys secretly (or not so secretly) wants a girl, at least on some level. Often, the reasoning for this desire is the clothes, hair clips, tights, and sheer frenzied fashion explosion that is dressing a little girl.

In a boy's closet, everything sort of goes together, for better or for worse. Gray goes with navy, which goes with red, and they all look just dandy with olive green. That's about the extent of boys' clothing, unless you go significantly out of your way to beat back the gender stereotypes with your own two bare hands (which is a post for another day, all on its own).

It's really fun, I cannot tell a lie. I love dressing the girls.

But sometimes, they dress themselves. And sometimes they are very opinionated and you can't talk them out of it, even if you had the energy to try. Which you don't.

And on those days, you end up with this. She looks like a geriatric colorblind schizophrenic.



Dressing boys isn't as fun, but it's definitely easier!


Comments (2)

Creative, very creative, Eve. You have such a nice mom. And you are SO adorable I could eat you.

There was a music video that used to play all the time on the Disney Channel that I remember about a girl who wore:
"Polka dots, checks, and stripes
(Are her fashion),
Polka dots, checks, and stripes."

I don't know if I really loved it or if I was just mystified by the bombardment of colors and patterns in all the girl's outfits. Either way, that feeling's coming back.

I've always loved clothes and had a closet full of them, but I was never so imaginative! Evie takes the cake!