Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM

9


Yesterday, my oldest child turned 6.

He had some modest requests for his birthday: waffles for breakfast and his very own frozen yogurt from Costco that he didn't have to share with anyone. Now I may not be Mother of the Year, but I can handle those!

His "party", such as it is, will be tomorrow at Granny and Grampa's house, with as much of our lovely family as we can manage. There will be pie, Don't Eat Pete, presents, and still more waffles (did I mention he likes them? He'd eat 6 at a time if it were up to him).

We did let him open one of his presents on his actual birthday, though: a kit with which a robot is built out of a soda can. (Hey, it's Devlin in a box!) It will have a motor, arms made of bendy straws, and will do "everything except talk" apparently. It is sure to be the highlight of his entire life.

So, in honor of my first and only boy, who I love to pieces and then some, I give you:

Devlin in 6 words

Inquisitive
Smart
Creative
Silly
Confident
Sensitive

..."You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too!"

Comments (9)

I just blogged not only 3 times in one week, but twice in one day! Do I get a prize? I don't know if that's ever happened before.

However, as I think about it, any cool points I may have gained from my prolific blogging are probably negated by the loser points I am racking up at this very moment by commenting on my own post. So nevermind.

I will validate your coolness by saying THANK YOU not only for the two posts, but for the two posts with pictures of your lovely children! Truly, the curls on your schizo daughter were almost enough to make me cry. And it was super fun to talk to Dev on his birthday. I hope tomorrow night is a blast!

Aren't the curls something else?! I am enjoying them as long as they last.

Thank you Rachel. I love your posts and your comments. Great pics. Beautiful kids. What a treat for us.

Amen! Amen! Keep em coming sista!

I LOOOOOOOVE all this postin'!

Happy birthday to Devlin! We love him so much, and I just can't believe he's 6 years old. Just can't believe it.

You do indeed get a gold star! Sure love that boy of yours. Can't wait for the festivities.

Happy birthday Devlin!

Amazing. HB Devlin. He's such a character. I enjoyed meeting him when you were here. I laughed at your schizo daughter...mine is the same way. It's fun to see the things she comes up with for school. :)