Confession

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 10:53 PM

3

It has been 2 days since my last confession, if you count oversharing Facebook status updates.

I just have a couple of things to get off my chest real quick. Ahem:

1. Today I wore skinny jeans tucked into boots. (Hey, it's been under 90 for a few days in a row!) I don't know what is more ridiculous: the fact that I - a little Mormon mother of three - actually wore this getup, or the fact that I still think it's taking a fashion risk when everyone else has been wearing this for at least 3 winters.

In my defense, the boots were not Uggs. They were cute. Sorry if I have any readers who are Uggs fans. They're uuuuuuugly. That's why they call them "Uggs".

2. I have been spending a lot of time in the car the past two weeks, due to the people hammering/sawing/generally disturbing the peace in my house. We drive around in the morning and go places, and Iris has a little nap in the car. I have been using this time to start listening to books on CD, and the books I have chosen to start with are...

...the Harry Potter books. And I love them. Yes, I am finally ready to dip my toe into the water, at least a decade after the rest of the world. I have this *thing*, where if everyone else is doing something then I just.don't.want.to. People were so gaga over these books that I just threw up my hands and figured I would come back to them when everyone else had left them for dead and I could read them in peace. But then I had 3 kids in there somewhere and now sitting down and reading several thousands of pages in order is daunting, to say the least. So now not only am I embracing the Harry Potter books, but I'm not even actually *reading* them! What a weenie.

I won't even put up a fight. I am totally handing in my Uppity Literary Snob card. Next thing you know I'll be attending the New Moon premiere showing in costume.

That's all for today. Let me know if you have any good penance ideas.

Comments (3)

For penance, I think you should post a picture of your getup.

And dress up as Tonks (have you met Tonks yet?) for Halloween.

That is all.

Hmmm, yes, a picture! And then I could let people vote on it, like the Red Carpet Smackdown. Potentially save me from making a fool of myself in the future.

You can always pull it off, Rachel. You looked very chic. And, I recently read a new book in the Harry Potter-ish vein which I think you might enjoy reading to your kids when the time is right. Not quite as sophisticated or long, more kid oriented, but fun.