I have sinned

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 8:43 PM

5

It has been 2 weeks since my last confession.

1. I am a much, much happier lady when Devlin is in school. I'm not sure what this says about me as a mother. I guess I should just thank my lucky stars that I can hold it together under any circumstances at all, right? Lots of people tell me that after three kids it's all the same amount of work, but I'm not drinking their Kool-Aid. I am not cut out for more children than this and I am totally okay with that. I literally had the phone in my hand to find myself a therapist and some DRUGS and David said "just wait until Fall Break is over. You were just like this at the end of the summer, too."

(Was I? Good heavens, my sincerest apologies to anyone I may have crossed paths with during that time. I will be quaratining myself for the Christmas holidays.)

2. I would give up the internet for the rest of my life if the weather would be like it was today, every day, forever and ever. Maybe.

3. I have a very expensive, professional camera, and no idea how to use it. Really. Can anyone recommend a book or a DVD to help me learn (because taking a class is out of the question)? Iris is a very difficult target right now, but even so - this lighting is just embarrassing.

Isn't she just the sweetest thing, though? Thanks for the outfit, Granny!





And now, off to fritter away the rest of my evening via a different electronic device. I've been doing lots and lots of organizing/rearranging/decorating so if I ever finish to my satisfaction I will take some terrible pictures of that - and you know you'll be waiting with bated breath!

Comments (5)

You know, they say that misery loves company, so I will also confess to being a happier parent when my children are in school. Last night Tyler came upstairs, crying, at 10:30 p.m. because he had a headache. I dealt with him kindly, but was furious because I didn't want him to miss school today. And he didn't. But boy, when he came home grumpy, I made him take a nap.

Well, I seriously doubt there is a mother out there that isn't happier when the children are in school. If that makes us rotten mothers, I reek.

Hey... first question... Canon, Nikon, or other? If Nikon I can send you two dvd's that really helped me get jumpstarted with my D-SLR. Let me know. Jesse

Drat, no, Canon! Thanks for the offer though. Maybe I should check the library. Or, you know, read the owner's manual.

Rachel! I love you. I'm so sorry I was not there to assist during fall break. I think I nanny like a champ now after this summer! It's really just that you're so fun to hang with!

You're a wonderful mother, Rachel, and you could stand to make that a mantra. Your kids will tell you the same thing.

And yes, Iris is SO adorable in that darling little outfit (and everything else.) I miss you.