'Twas the Night Before...well, you know

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 7:17 PM

5

So, I haven't blogged in so long that Blogger made me re-enter my username and password. I know. It's shocking.

The thing is, when I don't blog, it's either because I am too busy having fun and actually living my life to document it much, or because I am clinging to my sanity by the skin of my teeth and don't want to let go long enough to blog, lest I lose my grip completely.

It's been some of both over the last month and a half.

I'm here now, it's Christmas Eve, the kids are in bed, the presents are wrapped, Santa is allegedly circling the house right this very minute waiting for little eyes to close and little mouths to quiet (because "he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake"!) It has been a lovely, if chaotic, evening, full of dear family and amazing food, music and silliness.





And now, dear readers, it is time for bed. There's no point in trying to fill you in on all the details as to what has transpired between Thanksgiving and now. There were good times, there were crappy times, it all comes out in the wash. My camera battery went dead and we lost the charger, so I had no pictures to blog - and you all know how I feel about blogs with no pictures. We bought a new one and there will be lots of photos coming your way from Christmas and our annual trip to Santa Barbara.

If you haven't completely lost faith in me, check back soon for the skinny.

In the meantime, three veryveryvery excited Dixon children in their new Christmas jammies bid you so long, farewell, auf weidersehen, GOODBYE!

Comments (5)

We sure enjoyed the evening with you guys.
Merry Christmas!

It was a fun night!

I wish I could eat that steak every day. PUH!

Merry Christmas, Lovie. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures.

OK, so Santa has come, you are ready for bed, and it is 9:30? That alone qualifies you for some kind of award/reward. My hat is off to you. Let's see, I've been a parent for over 30 years and it has never happened to me yet. Not even this year....buah.hahahaha.

Yeah, seriously. Blogging on Christmas Eve? You are my hero!

Now I go to bed.