just the facts

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 10:00 PM

2

1. I love Meryl Streep. Seriously, I love her. I would see anything she was in. Her acceptance speech tonight (starts at 2:20) was riveting. Just watching her stand and purse her lips and try to formulate her next sentence is an experience. If any other actresses would like a lesson in how to not sound like a vapid phony while asking people to pray for/think of/donate to the suffering people in Haiti, look no further.

2. Also, go to nbc.com to donate to the Hatian victims? Like, couldn't we go somewhere else where we wouldn't incidentally be subjected to NBC propaganda on the way to donating? We could, but I think they could use all the positive spin they can get after the whole Jay Leno/Conan debacle. Show-offs.

3. I havent't seen it. I'll just say that right off. I was thinking to myself, as I kept seeing it nominated for this and that tonight, "maybe I should go see this Avatar thing, and then my irrational hatred for it could either be confirmed and made rational, or disipated and then I could move on with my life". But then James Cameron stood up and accepted his Best Director award and started speaking IN HIS OWN MADE-UP LANGUAGE THAT HE CONCOCTED FOR A MOVIE ABOUT BLUE PEOPLE WITH FLAT NOSES and I lost all of that budding feeling of generosity and goodwill. It just evaporated. I'll just go donate my $9 ticket price on nbc.com, after all.

Whew, I feel better! Got my snark on for the evening. I'm going to cut it off though - got to save my energy for the red carpet fashion recap tomorrow. Who's with me?

Comments (2)

Really? James Cameron spoke in the language from the movie? Sigh. I loved the movie, but that's just a little too...dedicated for me.

And I love the red carpet fashion! Can't wait to hear what you thought.

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I was watching the Golden Globes on a large flat screen in a beautiful home that was not my own and I demanded silence during Meryl's speech. Demanded it. I told Jacob she's the only one who's not playing the game and she's winning it. There really is a place for classy women in Hollywood. May there be many, many more of them.

Yea for snarking!