Snow bunnies

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 at 5:11 PM

9

We got inspired (with a little help from one very enthusiastic first-grader) to take a drive to parts northward this weekend and seek out some cold white stuff. To my utter amazement, everyone - even Princess Eve - had a wonderful time and stayed (mostly) warm and dry!

The kids were able to go down the small hill unassisted and, better still, get their own darn sleds back up to the top, leaving me free to take pictures and try to keep Iris alive:



We have one tiny daredevil in the family - no hill was too steep or bumpy for her liking:



That hallmark of every childhood - the first snow eating:



The girls were able to wear my old snowsuits from when I was their ages and we lived in Boston:





Immediately after realizing that maybe the "big hill" was just a little too big for Devlin to navigate solo:



Not sure who enjoyed it more - David, or the kids!



It might even be worth doing again sometime.

Comments (9)

Aww....this makes me happy. I enjoy the snow! I'm glad to know it's accessible from the desert!

Very! It's a totally doable day trip. Less than 3 hours door to door.

Seriously cute post! It almost makes me want to go sledding...

Love, love, love the pic of all three kiddos. :)

I want an 8x10 of every one of these photos. I was squealing when I saw them, much to the chagrin of my neighbors, I'm sure, seeing as it is after midnight. What fabulous photos to capture the day. You're all so adorable. Your old snow suits are killing me.

Absolutely amazing pics, looks almost fun enough for me to want to attempt it too...and I cannot believe you have your childhood snowsuits...

Jen, my parent keep everything! I have to admit I thought it was odd to have kept them, but they definitely came in handy.

tender pictures. snow is fun.

Oh this looks like so much fun. We love to go and let the kids sled and laugh hysterically at the near misses and mishaps of other people trying to control their sleds. Better than America's Funniest Home Videos. Just to be clear, I never laugh at serious injuries- just funny falls and parking into trees.