Tuckered out

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM

6

So, potty training isn't quite happening yet. No biggie. While Iris inches closer to awareness of her bodily functions, I can try to source some undies that don't leave deep red marks around her ample thighs. She did manage to pee on the potty today - the lid was closed, but that was hardly her fault! What she needs is a less busy mom to help guide her through it. Too bad that's not an option.

We did have another milestone today though: Iris is, at this very moment, slumbering peacefully in her very own twin bed. She took to it like a champ, the way she takes to most new things (it helped that she had two hours in the pool, a very short nap, and has a big sister roommate who is an excellent role model). For anyone who doesn't follow me around Facebook like a lovestruck puppy, I bought her new bed off craigslist for a song and refinished it myself. Always wanted to do that.



So, sweet dreams, little sausage. Try not to get into too much trouble in the morning; your mom is tired from staying up all night painting your furniture!

Comments (6)

aw, little hedge.

the picture of her in mini panties was basically the cutest thing i've ever seen, btw. *and i like the word ample.

post pictures of the finished bed/room at your earliest convenience! :)

Far too cute. Sweet dreams, little girl...

She looks awfully grown up in that big bed. Sniff. What a cute girl she is.

So darling. I love the picture. Now I gotta go hop onto Facebook to check it out there.

LOVE YOU! And congrats!

I adore pictures of sleeping children! I'm glad Night One was a success!

P.S. Gavin desperately needs a potty trainer, as well. I wonder if I can contract out this most unsavory of jobs.

Since I'm no longer on FB I appreciate the tidbits. :) I can't wait for the full reveal. Glad night 1 was a success. Hoping for more in the future. She's a doll.