Make new friends, but keep the old

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, September 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM

4

Devlin hosted his first sleepover last night. I'm not generally a huge fan, but the timing was right and Abby is a very special friend.



He waited for her at the curb for the better part of an hour.



Eating ice cream, staying up and whispering knock-knock jokes all night long, watching movies, swimming, snacks, and yes - a little bit of sleep.

Devlin has made new friends here in our new neighborhood, but I don't think anyone can fill Abby's place in his heart. He is always loyal to her, careful to clarify that Abby is still his "girlfriend" whenever he mentions a new mate at school. I treasure the time we lived next door to her family, and even though we haven't seen much of each other over the last 4 months, it feels like we're still neighbors. And good friends.

I hope that never changes.

Comments (4)

That picture of him by the curb is just sweet. He is such a sweetie.

Oh that picture of him by the curb- I love love love love that.

tender curb-ness.

Oh to be almost 7. I fourth the comments made of the darling curb scene. :)