Thanksgiving Headlines

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, November 29, 2010 at 7:34 AM

5

Cousins are wonderful. I have so many memories of playing for hours upon hours with my cousins as a child: dressing up as a medieval village, hunting for various creatures in the woods, making "potions" with the contents of my mom's spice cupboard. This weekend, all the Dixon cousins were together and we got a photo to prove it! (This required three adults, two basketballs, and one Indian princess costume.) I think it's fabulous.



In related news, the members of my immediate family were also photographed together (thank you Heidi!) The shocking proof:



While we were dressed, and before we got pie on our faces (literally), I got some shots of the kids too:













Other weekend notables include:

- Devlin attending a car show and Suns game with his father

- Devlin prematurely initiating our kitchen remodel plans by shattering a panel of our fluorescent light box with his souvenir basketball from said Suns game

- Girls night out (and in) for me and Eve, including shopping, seeing Tangled with my families, and mani/pedis all around

- Iris dumping out half a bottle of gold glitter nail polish all over the floor at CVS, my tights, my shoes, and herself

- David and I agreeing to perform in yet another wonderful Christmas musical event, and realizing that we need babysitting for 11 out of the first 21 days in December (that's just the days we are *both* committed)

- Me realizing, after 6 months, that just taking the start knob off the trash compacter entirely is much easier than trying to keep Iris from playing with it. What, you don't have a trash compacter? You're just jealous.

- Waking up this morning at 7:30 to the realization that *all three* of my children were still asleep. Devlin has school at 7:45. I made an executive decision to let them all sleep as long as they wanted, to shower alone at my leisure, and just be fashionably late

- My little sister Holly is having a boutique selling her darling hair adornments on December 7th. Hello, stocking stuffers. I'll see you there!

- The smell of nail polish would be enough to deter most children from using it at lipstick, but not Iris. I was so relieved that she wasn't poisoned/she didn't paint the rest of my bathroom that I forgot to take a picture

- I'm going to be an aunt again! My sister Emily is pregnant. Life is amazing.

P.S. I am still on my happy streak, but I had one really bad morning last Wednesday, and I'm not exactly sure how to tally my days anymore. 13.5? I think I will get myself a little present to celebrate 2 weeks tomorrow.

Comments (5)

Cute pictures! I'm glad your happy streak continues!

I got pretty teary-eyed when Emily told us (well actually we kind of accidentally got it out of her) that she was pregnant. I'm so, so happy for her!

I'm really enjoying the pictures! It was a great weekend all around!

Yea for Day 14! You should totally celebrate it! Thanks for such an awesome weekend. I'm so glad I got to be there for it!

Happy streaks are very nice but I already read the post from yesterday before I commented so I hope today was good again.

Also had to smile at the whole trash compactor thing. In fact where is that knob..know that I am thinking about it.