He noticed!

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 at 2:42 PM

4

I got dressed today, and David said "Hey, you haven't worn that skirt yet."

He is, of course, right. I have not. And I almost dropped over dead that he was keeping track. He has been taking most of the pictures this month, but is it just me or is this *not* a typical manly observation?

I love it.

Now I'm not an expert, but I consider myself a fashion hobbyist, maybe, and people have been asking, so here's my philosophy: dressing well is as simple as shopping with a very critical eye, knowing what is in your closet, and what things work well together. From there, it's just as easy to "dress up" as it is to wear sweatpants!

I'm a natural redhead, and everyone knows redheads are pale and freckled. But I have always thought of myself as having more pigment than most, as being maybe a little bit tan in the summer. But the daily documentation from this project has shattered that illusion, and I think the evidence clearly indicates that I need to stop putting on airs and embrace my ghostly hue. Don't argue with biology, I always say.

Dressember 15th, featuring an outfit I have never worn before:

Shoes: Miz Mooz
Socks: no idea, had them for ages
Skirt: Banana Republic
Top: Anthro
Cardi: Banana Republic



(This photograph taken upon returning from an aborted trip to Target with 3 small children. Horrible, HORRIBLE idea. I cannot stress this enough. Do not attempt. You will regret it.)

Comments (4)

The hair is exceptionally cute today.

Yes! I too love the hair and the facial expression. That IS a great skirt! No wonder he noticed!

He probably just noticed because this skirt is the tightest of all my many bum-hugging skirts. :)

All the better!! ;)