Mr. Kimball

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 8:46 PM

3

A few more tidbits about my piano, who shall henceforth be referred to as "he", "him", or "Mr. Kimball":

1. He is, well, a Kimball.

2. He is 5 feet long, a real "baby" grand. See how he fits right in the corner there?

3. He was built in 1935.

4. Did you know pianos built before 1930 are more desirable because most of the piano makers were either bankrupted or consolidated after the Great Depression? So Mr. Kimball is vintage, but no Antiques Roadshow moment.

5. Also, have you *heard* him? The F#5 is absolutely ghastly. An intrepid tuner and repairman is coming to pay a house call next weekend. I'm cautiously optimistic. Mostly cautious.

6. He's very handsome, in any case.

7. My kids are in love. He seems to be very good with children.

See my Christmas tree in the corner of the photo there? We got the lights up today, and tomorrow we will place the ornaments and then, my pretties, you shall have pictures.

P.S. For today's Dressember offering, I give you a sweater, belt, skirt, and boots you have already seen. It's only the 5th. Cat is out of the bag, folks: I wear the same 15 things over and over and over again. Except when I'm wearing my pajamas.

Boots: Born
Tights: Hue from Last Chance
Skirt: Anthro
Blouse: Talbots
Cardigan: Antrho
Belt: Anthro

Comments (3)

Here's to a clean bill of health for Mr. Kimball!

He is beautiful!

Oh my! Rachel, that is the loveliest piano I've seen in a long time! Here's to many good times around it with your fam!