Super secret plans unveiled: We are old

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM

3

The vote is unanimous. (I'm glad, because this gives me another day to figure out these photo editing apps I've fallen into). So without further ado, and hoping I haven't made too big a fuss out of it, I present David and Rachel's Big Idea:

Saturday evening, the 5th of February, at our "new" house (you know, the one we moved into 9 months ago?), we will be hosting a housewarming/joint 30th birthday party for both of us!

You can come see my crazy paint colors in person, meet Mr. Kimball, enjoy fine food and drink, party games, offer suggestions for how to update my super duper oak-y kitchen and bathrooms, *and* mourn for us at the passing of our Roaring 20's, all at the same time! Now that's what I call efficiency.


(Actually, I have no anxiety of any kind of turning 30. So far, it all pretty much keeps getting better and better, so I say bring it on! I may be singing a different tune for the next Big Birthday, however. I'm not ready to talk about 40 yet. One thing at a time, please).


Anyway, I'll be sending notice on Facebook in the week or so, but if you want to be sure to get on the list then drop me a line or comment here and I'll be sure you get the details. Not wanting to post too many specifics here on the old blog, what with Teh Internets being so scary and all.


Bonus: our house was built in 1975, so if you bring an item from or relating to that year you will be entered into our door prize raffle, in addition to earning our friendship and respect (should you not already have it).

We can't wait to see you all!

Comments (3)

Hoo hoo! Sounds fun!! That is sure to be a rockin' weekend with your birthdays and our anniversary! A fabulous time to have a party, indeed! Happy 30th you two!!!

If I were closer, I'd love to stop on over!

Hooray! Love it! And I even have a 1975 door-prize winning "thing." Of course, since it's kinda mobile and can't remain at your house, I'll have to come up with a secondary item as well...

:D