People Pleaser

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 7:42 PM

7

Last week, Devlin performed in the Hale Elementary Variety Show. He was the youngest participant (there was a lot of stiff competition for the spots!) and I know I'm biased but I think he's just so fabulous. He did a stand-up comedy routine and was in hog heaven. He just loves to make people laugh!

He did have a couple of small technical difficulties (the microphone fails first, then he has a minor wardrobe malfunction) but he handled them like a true professional. (This is important because he is his sensitive mother's child and has been known to burst into heartbreaking sobs over much smaller incidents.)


Here's the text of the jokes so you can follow along. The video is more than a little shaky because I had a 40-pound toddler bouncing on my arm. The girls sat through the entire 75-minute show once and loved every minute. In fact, they watched half of the second performance later in the afternoon and cried when I took them home early! It was really a cute production.




1. Three skunks were going down a road. When the path split, the first skunk said, "my instinct tells me to go west".


The second skunk said, "my instinct tells me to go east".


And the third skunk said "my end stinks, but it doesn't tell me which way to go!"


* * * * *

2. The nurse says to the doctor, "there's an invisible man in the waiting room".

And the doctor says, "tell him I can't see him!"


* * * * *


3. What do you call a fish with no "i"?

A fsh!


* * * * *


4. Why was 6 afraid of 7?

7 ate 9!


* * * * *


5. The doctor said to his patient, "I have some good news and some bad news."

The patient said, "what's the bad news?" And the doctor said "we're going to have to amputate both your feet".

The patient said, "that's horrible! What's the good news?" And the doctor said, "the patient next door wants to buy your shoes!"


My favorite joke that didn't make the cut, due to young children's lack of understand about the various snake subtypes:

Noah, after the flood subsided, opened the doors of the Ark and released the animals. All living things rushed to freedom except for two snakes who just lingered in a corner of the Ark.

Noah asked the snakes "Why don't you go forth and multiply like the others?"

The snakes replied " We can't....We're ADDERS!"

Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Watch out, Louie CK - Devlin Thomas Dixon is comin' after you!

Comments (7)

This was awesome!! I'm much impressed, great timing. The kids were eating it up. Em and I were so stoked to see Devlin "killing it," He can have all of my old material. He maybe could get laughs from it :)

Awe.Some.

Hooray, Devlin! What a great job.

I'm so glad you recorded this! I enjoyed the show!

I finally got a chance to watch this! It was so Cute!! Way to go, Devlin!

Hmmm, for some reason Tony changed our account to say T-dog. This is from Kim. :) lol

Oh my gosh. I literally had my head in my hands, like my neck muscles couldn't take the cute. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. What guts that kid has! He has natural stage talent too!
I thought of Jacob and his stand up too!!