From seed

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 9:53 PM

6

I have a garden! It's about 30 square feet, and I will hopefully soon be eating chard, zucchini, summer squash, bell, jalapeno, and poblano peppers, green beans, watermelon, pumpkin, basil, parsley, cilantro, and 3 kind of tomatoes, from my own backyard. (And I won't be eating them, but we also planted a row of sunflowers for Eve along the far edge of the pavers there.)

I'm too tired to say much else about it, except thank you from the bottom of my grubby little heart to Granhopper for her assistance and moral support. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and it is really happening. I'm exhausted, and elated!

Comments (6)

Rachel! This sounds fantastic!! Imagine all those yummy fruits and veggies in your own backyard!!! Yea for Granny!

Gooooo Rachel!

aw...it's so cute! the hard part is over....the fun part is watching it all grow!! :)

Yeah!! You are going to love it!!

Hooray for you! You actually did it! Congrats! At Costco they have huge tomato starter plants for $10. I got one! Hopefully we'll be dining on fresh homegrown tomatoes before we know it!

Congratulations! It is completely enthralling to see it all pop out of the ground. Enjoy!