Hard questions

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 at 10:14 PM

1

Today, I have had the opportunity to help Eve understand why some people have prosthetic arms, the workings of polygamist families, and weddings with two brides marrying each other.

I might be crazy, but I think this is one of the fun parts of parenting. It's so amazing to see them processing new information, making connections, putting these unfamiliar experiences into their own little framework. It's a full, wonderful, beautiful, ever-changing world we live in!

Luckily, she's still little girl enough to want to make a wedding dress out of a blanket and a flowered headband:



And facial hair out of pizza dough:



She's not quite all the way grown up yet!

Comments (1)

She is so cute in that last picture.

Hard questions may be just that, but it's great to set a standard that she can come to you to ask them and you'll give her an honest answer. I remember when I was 14 and I was debating whether or not I should tell my mom about my current crush. She didn't know it at the time, but the way she reacted to me bringing it up was the determinant whether or not I could talk with her about this stuff in the future. And she responded just as I'd hoped: with excitement!

Every daughter deserves a mom she can go to. Eve is lucky to have you.