Getting Better

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 at 8:32 PM

4

Well, folks, I'll just start with this: today has been so much better.

Was it a great workout this morning (I started running, people - this is big)?

Or was it the fact that I finally mopped up the Unidentified Crystallized Purple and Orange Slime that has been crustifying under my kitchen table for the last several days?

Was it shrimp tacos for dinner?

Or an actual relaxed bedtime, with a real story read with inflection and two sweet girls on my lap?

Was it the fact that my big new beautiful compost tumbler (that I got for my birthday, in February) is now well on its way to being assembled and tumbling away in my backyard?

Or was it Devlin's little watermelon sprout that finally, finally poked up through the ground this morning?

I don't know. I don't care. The point is, today was happy. I'm happy.

I think the only thing that could improve upon my mood at this moment was if the laundry that I hear wrinkle-guarding in the dryer would fold and put itself away, and David came home from golfing with peanut butter cups.

{sigh of ecstasy}

Comments (4)

That is a nice list of happy things. Glad it was a better day!

Well, the laundry did not fold itself (I folded it, doggone it!), but some peanut butter cups did mysteriously make their way into my belly. I think today is complete.

Very happy for you!

That is so great that your garden is thriving! That's so awesome! Can't wait to see it. :)