Boob job

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 8:19 PM

4

No, sillies.

That's me, the boob, crying multiple times a day for the last two days, as first one child and then another reaches the last this-or-that of the school year. Last day of preschool, last day of second grade, last report card from Ms. Heath, last hug, walk across the street with Miss Sue the Crossing Guard, last backpack load of papers, last time leaving my car unattended directly beneath the "do not leave car unattended" sign...

ENOUGH.

I'm tired of the roller coaster, and I would like to get off now please. My kids are growing, it's exhilarating and tragic all at once, carpe diem, etc etc. It's taking my breath away, and I need to think about something else.

Whew.

So, to take our minds off things, including the fact that That Guy I Married is working until who knows when (again) tonight, the kids and I decided to head over to the brand-new Super Farm Market, the latest awesome thing from Superstition Farm.

(No, I don't work for them. Hello, they're a dairy - have you seen me? Do I look like the kind of girl who would work for a dairy? I just really like 'em.)

I used to be a member of their Dairy Club, but since we moved it hasn't been very convenient for me to get out there often. I loved it while I was participating though! So when I saw on Facebook that they were doing an indoor weekly farmer's market, I knew we had to check it out.

It was awesome. Super, in fact.

The market itself was wonderful: local gourmet honey, veggies, bread, salsa, tamales, all the usual delicious dairy offerings, grass fed beef, exotic salts (yes, salt - don't laugh, I bought three kinds. It's delicious!) And the best part was, the two big kids were outside playing on hay bales, tractors, and petting the goats and bunnies while I was shopping.

I can't wait until Iris is big enough to play out there unsupervised, instead of stealing blocks of salt off the tables, but two out of three is pretty good.

We took a hayride and got a lovely tour of the dairy operations (Eve claimed the hay was "too pokey", to which I replied that perhaps a Sunday dress was not the wisest choice of farm attire) and the kids fed the calves from a bottle, which was lovely until the biggest, greediest calf slurped the teat off the bottle and then stepped on it!

You can even get dinner there, if you are smarter than me and budget for such things. Some people were talking about spicy "smack and cheese" that was making me very envious.

But the best part? This is my own, personal, after-the-kids-are-in-bed dinner:



It's a little pot pie stuffed with spinach, shiitake mushrooms, feta, garlic, pine nuts, and I stopped caring what else, like, 5 things ago. They sell these at the market too, in case you are jealous.

So, peeps, it's every Thursday. You seriously have to go. Just leave time for a bath for the kids afterward, because the hay was kind of everywhere.

So worth it.

Comments (4)

I just can't believe that this school year is over! I'm just not ready to send another one off to school next year. And it's been a little depressing to think of how fast they're growing, when I know that I really should be happy that summer is here and I can spend all day with all of my kiddos.

But what I really wanted to tell you is that we're just right around the corner from Superstition Farm. I didn't know that they did a farmer's market. I've been really tempted to try out their take-out dinner on Wednesday nights. It's fun having them so close, but sometimes a little aromatic!

It's brand new, Kristy! Last week was the opening day. There were a ton of people there tonight, and they're planning to keep growing it all summer so when the weather cools off it will be off and running and can move outdoors with lots more vendors.

Sounds like a great place! Fun memories for the kids too!

hello pot pie. you look yummy. oh, and hello summer-time!