A Model of Efficiency

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, May 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM

5

Today, I:

- showered but didn't shave

- put on concealer and blush but not mascara

- "mopped" the kitchen using my foot and a wet dishtowel

- had breakfast for breakfast...and dinner

- had 2 caffeinated beverages in place of a nap

- painted a bathroom that needs a complete gut job

- washed the kids' hands and feet and called it a bath

Some might call it cutting corners.

I call it "prioritizing" and it is how I survive.

Comments (5)

I have been having more and more days like these. Is it that I lack the energy and/or motivation to do more? Maybe on a few...the rest is trying to keep my head above water...but doggone it, I did shave my legs yesterday and I was super proud of that!

This is awesome. Yesterday was actually quite a productive day for me, but today is one where I think I'll be skipping lots of steps. I'm supposed to meet my new apt. manager and get the keys in less than an hour and haven't even showered yet! Update: he just called me and pushed our appt. back an hour. Looks like I'll be chillin' even longer still! :)

Emily was productive. She made me a loaf of bread and brought it to my house last night. It's almost gone! That's how good it is.

I think I have been having this same day on repeat for the past 2 weeks or so. I just love knowing in the same boat as other Moms.

I can identify with all of these - and almost on a daily basis. You're not alone! Especially when it comes to "mopping". Isn't that how it's supposed to be done? :)

It's definitely how it's supposed to be done! --isn't it? It's how I do it 90% of the time. Lately, I've gone a step even further and am now bribing my kids to do it. Now that's what I call efficiency.