More music

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 7:50 PM

10

You want more?

(You said you wanted more. Flattery, as I've mentioned repeatedly, will get you everywhere with me.)

I happen to have one other piece from this book ready to go (yes, for those of you who were wondering, this is the score from the 2005 Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley et al.) This is the music at the very beginning of the film, and for those who are familiar, you can imagine the scene as I was recording this to be very much like the opening scenes at the Bennett household. General chaos and mayhem, minus the pig in the mudroom.

Whoever guesses how many takes were required to achieve this recording gets to laugh in my face.

Comments (10)

No pig in your mudroom? Awesome status is revoked.

Seriously, Rachel, makes me want Bryce to call my his pearl, but only on Sundays.

I wish I could "like" comments on my blog!

(You have hit upon the one and only downside of having this music floating through my house all day long. I want to live in P&P, just like every other girl on the planet!)

Okay, so now you've switched me back to this song (which is the one I had originally been working on). You are amazing Rach! I am glad to know it took you more than one take to reach this recorded perfection. I have to admit that your piano skills were a complete unknown to me, and the only thing I thought I could do better than you! I now know that is no longer true - and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. :) But I do love to listen to it.

This song is the greatest.

Tasha, this is take 51. FIFTY ONE. It took me at least 2 hours of straight playing, just today. I've been working hard on this piece for weeks and weeks.

Feel better? :)

(But seriously, playing something fifty times in a row does lend a certain...fluidity, shall we say, to the hands? It really does get better and better!)

I learned this one first, then Liz on Top of the World. I think the latter was easier to perfect.

"Perfect", of course, is used loosely here.

Like! like! like!

Your beautiful playing has been a constant inspiration to me in my own aspirations of playing the piano. I'm more like how Elizabeth Bennet describes her own piano skills, but I can play a little bit! That's more than it used to be! I'll take it!

My girls danced around the room doing ballet while listening to this song over and over.

And as soon as I hit play on your piano playing, my bro-in-law, Matthew, who's living with us, said, "Oh, this is from Pride and Prejudice." I guess he knows his movie soundtracks.

Beautiful playing.

Beautiful!! Your hard work has definitely paid off!