A Place For Everything

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM

7

And everything in its place.

One of the things that bothers me most is when I don't have a "spot" for something. These things never get put away, because they don't have an "away", so they just keep popping up on various surfaces all over the house, every couple of days, and they always seem to be my problem. It's my job to categorize them, to enable thoughtful, effective organization of said items, and then enforce the system.

Coins, long wooden swords and magic wands, rock collections, elaborate creations of plastic bottles, paper, and pipe cleaners, priceless dried up flowers...these things are the bane of my existence. I just don't know what to do with them!

Hence, the further I get into this "housekeeping" thing, the more reluctant I become to bring new possessions into my home. If I don't know where it's going before I bring it through the door, I don't want it, thank you very much.

That's why I was so happy to find this happy little yellow number yesterday at Last Chance. I already have a cardigan collection of sorts, so there's definitely a place for her in my closet (I'm calling her Audrey, because she sure does make me feel like a lady!), and even her pretty little extra button went right into the drawer where all my extra buttons live. Done, and done.



She meets all my requirements for a spot in my wardrobe: natural fabric, flattering fit, versatile color, special details. She just fits right in there.

And for the low, low price of $4.97, I'm going to be flying high on that acquisition for a couple of weeks, most likely. I can hardly get a cardigan that cheap at Goodwill, and this one doesn't even smell like someone else's chain-smoking cat.

Comments (7)

veryvery cute outfit.

She is gorgeous! The sweater...I mean, you are, too! Damn. Good find, Rachel.

Hahaha, I don't care if it is 105 degrees, I am WEARING MY NEW CARDIGAN SO THERE.

"someone's chain smoking cat"
hahahaha
You finally hit the nail on the head for me...I've been trying to describe that smell and am at a loss for acceptable vocabulary.
I love the sweatah.

It IS rather cute, and that price is even cuter. So agreed, Goodwill DOES smell like someones chain smoking cat. Sorta gross, yet thrifty comforting at the same time. hahaha

Gorgeous. And a great color on you too. Me likey.

Wanna hear something awesome? I basically have a rule that I will not buy 100% cotton stuff b/c I hate how it wears.