Pretty Ugly

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM

4

A little while back, I heard about a pincushion swap at the super cute store my sister-in-law Angie works at. I like pincushions. I like swaps. I like creating nice little things, on some masochistic level. I thought this was a good Wizzle-size bite of crafting.

It almost was. There was the small issue of my sewing machine going completely berserk (oh wait, it does that every time I use it), leading to me finishing a one-hour project in three hours.

There was the incident where I put 92 cents on my debit card.

And there was that one time when I thought it would be easier to leave the kids in the car while I ran into the store for 15 seconds to drop off my finished project, and they set off the car alarm. Twice.

So here's what I decided: projects make my house pretty.



But they make me act ugly.



I don't think I should try to be so ambitious anymore. Like, maybe we should not be aiming above grunting at each other and poking the dirt with sticks.

We've been listening to, and thoroughly enjoying, Where The Red Fern Grows, and I'm thinking early 20th century hillbilly living sounds about my speed. (Now, if I can just get past the fact that the guy on the left in this picture is the one reading it, we'll be all set. Shudder.)

Maybe I'll forgo my "participant" ribbon and just watch Project Runway instead!

Comments (4)

Well, if it's any consolation, the pincushion is way-the-heck cute.

you are hilarious! I love your posts--they make me happy. Mostly because I think this is how I'd be feeling in your current situation--only my pin cushion would not have turned out anywhere near as cute. Sadly, I did not inherit the domesticity gene. :)

Oh my gosh, it turned out SOOOOO cute! Okay, I admit, TOTALLY cuter than mine! I never thought of using 2 colors for frosting, I love it! Thanks for sharing this with me, I can't even tell you how much I love seeing what people make with my tutorials! You totally made my day. :)

Love,
"NatSprat"

Rachel, I'm sorry it was so hard, but you are a rock star! It looks so good.