The Upper Hand

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM

6

Today was a day where I just could not get out from behind the eight ball.

I tried everything I had at my disposal to pull me out of my funk.

I had lunch with a friend.

Then I had a cupcake.

I did some window shopping.

I had a nap. (It wasn't long enough.)

I pruned and organized my closet, trying to gain control over one aspect of the chaos of my life.

I played the piano.

I got some Vitamin D and some exercise hosing down the back patio and pool decking after Dustnami 2011 yesterday (only to find out that another one might be coming tonight...)

I went through the car wash (along with every other dusty Mesa resident) and drove home the long, long, long way.

But in the end, the only cure was bedtime and a Jack in the Box sourdough steak sandwich.

Clearly, I need some better coping strategies, just in case tomorrow is another doozy. What do you do to set yourself right when you're off your game?

Comments (6)

It might sound preachy, but prayer, scripture study, hymns, priesthood blessing...tapping into spiritual power is the only way out of the downward spiral for me.

My go-to's are running, being creative somehow, or going outside. But you are right, some days you just can't pull out of a funk. I've learned to just accept that some days will just be blah. As long as the good outnumber the bad by a good amount that is okay.

ps.
that no undies story had me laughing. hilarious.

sometimes I need just a good ol' cry-- but that leads to taking Excedrin Migraine

sometimes I just decide to be LAZY.

you are better than me, girl.

I infuriate a bunch of Canadians. Worked for me last time.
Sigh.

I've been in a funk too. Meh.

Locking myself in the bathroom with a cup of chai tea and a book.

I've been in a funk. I usually use these as a reminder to revamp my (lack of) schedule, and try harder to do basics of prayer and scriptures. Probably not your problem, but it tends to be my cue.

I agree with Beth. Some days are just bleh. :)