Stream of Consciousness

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 8:33 PM

8

(stolen from here, as things on my blog sometimes/often are.)

My mind is a vast, barren wasteland as of late. I have one big, serious post I have been meaning to compose for months, but I am waiting for a day when I have consecutive time, interest, and motivation to pursue a big project like that.

So, I wouldn't hold your breath.

In the meantime, you get crap like this. Sorry.

* * * * *

Speaking of holding your breath, the kids were going to go swimming this afternoon, but instead we got to go pick up David from Bo's Motor Works, where a lovely tow truck met us with his car-that-wouldn't-start. Cross your fingers for a quick recovery, small bill, and no whammies.

* * * * *

And it turns out swimming would have been gross anyway, because the pool is dirty, because one/some/all of our darling children left a tiny squirtgun, a bouncy ball, a rubber duck, and a diving stick in the pool last time they swam and they had all conspired to block up the filter. At least this problem is easily solved, for less than $3000.

They get to try again tomorrow.

* * * * *

I am currently having a dilemma because I want to catch up on Project Runway and Design Star. Because we recently changed our TV-watching setup, I have to view both of those programs on the computer. Not even I can blog on my laptop, watch TV on my laptop, AND fold the laundry all at the same time. Who will win? Stay tuned to find out!

* * * * *

I've just finished reading a book about a boy who grew up in complete, abject poverty and starvation, siblings dying all around him, cleaning other people's chamber pots and licking the grease off stolen fish-and-chips wrappers for dinner. This is making my technology problems, and all my problems, feel very foolish altogether.

* * * * *

But I still wish I just just watch my dang TV shows on the dang TV.

* * * * *

Tomorrow is the first week of library storytime after the summer hiatus, and the next day is Iris's first dance class of the semester. This is such wonderful, wonderful news. She cried for 10 minutes today because I made her take off her tap shoes.

* * * * *

Bah. I forgot to put bread in the oven earlier. After I finish this, before I turn on Project Runway, I am doing that. Don't let me forget.

* * * * *

Sounds like the last load of laundry is dry. This is reaching red alert level. I am out of baskets.

* * * * *

Okay, between my empty skull, the bread, the laundry, and my double-booked laptop, I think I am signing off for the night.

* * * * *

I challenged myself to blog every weekday, and sometimes the biggest part of success is just showing up. So I showed up today.

Maybe tomorrow I will actually bring something to the table.

Comments (8)

Good luck with the laptop/TV conundrum. Since we switched to "fake tv," as I call it, I've just dropped my shows that I can't watch on the dang tv. *single tear for The Closer*

Let's just all go to bed and forget the laundry {after the bread is baked, of course.

}

I definitely have days like this.

i've watched many-a show on my laptop.....bless hulu's free heart. ♥

I love you Rachel. I'll take a half-hearted blog post anyday. :)

haha - i hear ya! i try to blog every weekday too, but it gets to be hard on days when my mind is more random slash nothing is really new.

ps- we tried working out the hulu plus thinger so we could go cableless... needless to say, we realized we have too many shows {both of those too} to not keep it... so we will be eating pb&j for life, but hey, we can watch the closer in HD...

I rather enjoyed this random stream of conscience post. You bake bread? No really...stop being so domestic. I can't handle it. I'm such a sucky homemaker because bread elludes me. Or is it motivation that elludes me? Hmmmm