Pre-pre-pre Halloween and pre-pre Halloween

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Friday, October 28, 2011 at 8:33 PM

0

You already saw pre-pre-pre-pre Halloween (the Palmer Family costume carnival). Now I may I present the next two installments:

Iris's ballet class dressed up yesterday, and everyone was encouraged/ordered to bring treats. You know, because a dance class full of three-year-olds isn't insane enough without introducing costumes. And candy. That poor teacher.



And then today was the Dixon Family Pumpkin Carving Party. I hate carving pumpkins, so I was very grateful to be able to do it in the company of lots of friends and family! Everything is more fun when you have fun people to do it with. And I think I really, really would have enjoyed it a lot more if it hadn't been at the end of Today.

Today was, for your reference, the kind of day where I buy my kids a medium Icee at Target, and they complain because they wanted a *small*. I have no words.

But regardless, the pumpkins are carved, and I even did two of them and I think they turned out all right. Iris's is the small one, and we carved it with a tooth missing just like hers. And I accidentally gave it a cleft lip, but that's because I am not good at carving pumpkins.



Chloe had the genius idea to give prizes for the most superlative pumpkins, and Granny had the even more genius idea to make sure everyone got a prize. Eve got the prize for "biggest jack-o-lantern" (guess which one is hers), and she was as proud as any Pumpkin Mama you ever saw.

Tomorrow I am running a 5K with David. I will do a very special post on it so you'll want to make a special stop in tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Today's joy: I am so, so grateful for my family. Death and loss have been close by today, and I treasure every second with these people I am so privileged to live with and love. Even when they drive me crazy.

I love them.

I love them.


I love them.

Comments (0)