Treasure Hunting

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at 7:59 PM

3

So, yesterday, when I mentioned that I was at a truly wretched outlet mall, I neglected to say that something very lovely did come out of it.

A couple of somethings.

One of them I can't tell you, because it's a gift for a friend and I don't like to spoil surprises.

But the other one I can, and will, share!

I took all three children into...

...an antique store.

Alone.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

* * * * *

If your heart has resumed beating, I'll tell you it was actually okay. I wouldn't do it on purpose again, but it was okay. The older two did actually manage to internalize the "look with your EYES" message, with reminders every 20 seconds or so, and the small one could be physically restrained.

And the shop was great. Lots of nice things, not too huge but big enough to be interesting, and really good prices. Hardly more expensive than a thrift store.

Because I am always breaking my glassware, and I am a sucker for anything green, I had to come home with these:



I think, when David said "you should replace our everyday glasses" (of which we only have 2 left), he probably didn't mean "with antique green hobnail goblets".

But I'm sure he'll learn to love them.

The set of 12 was only $16, and they are nice and heavy. So if you're ever up for a treasure hunt, let me know and I would love to go again!

(After I get a babysitter.)

Today's joy: David is home, my sister is in town, and kids eat free at Waldo's BBQ. What's not to like?

Comments (3)

I'd love to go with you! Let me get through this party on Saturday though. LOL. Maybe next week or the week after.

oooooh their pretty. :)

I mean they're. I hate that misspelling.