The Very Day Itself

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, October 31, 2011 at 9:51 PM

8

'Tis Halloween, at long last!



I thought, for the holiday, I would dress up as A Nice, Fun Mom Who Does Nice, Fun Kid Things For Her Kids.

You know, just the once. To try it out.

I made a special Halloween dinner complete with mummy dogs, "apple grins", "witches brew", and a hummus graveyard.

And of course, we used our new (old) green goblets. Despite all the kids' enthusiastic toasting of this, that, and the other, none were broken. I think that's a pretty ringing endorsement.



The graveyard was a particular favorite, although we couldn't eat the marked gravestones due to the fact that I wrote on them in Sharpie. (I may have been dressed up as a Nice Mom, but on no holiday ever am I Nice enough to make a special trip to Michael's for an edible marker, although I hear tell of such wonders from other people).



So we ate our dinner, during which I was proclaimed The Best Mom Ever more than once. Then we trick-or-treated, which took literally half the time it did last year (Iris is a year older and evidently much faster). The kids (mostly) had good manners, saying "thank you" and "happy Halloween!"

Iris took it a step farther and bowed low and graciously after receiving candy at every house.

Oh, and special bonus photo of my van decorated for the ward trunk-or-treat, which was Saturday night. This picture in NO WAY accurately depicts how insanely awesome my car looked. I stole the idea from some genius lady on Pinterest:



Today's joy: getting a nice early start, and finishing trick-or-treating in time to get the girls in bed by 7:30. Now that is magical!

Comments (8)

Love the HP theme!

That is awesome! Happy Halloween to my kiddos. You're amazing, Rachel!

Wow Rach! Your kids sure are lucky to have you as their Mom!

Wow- you ARE supermom!!!

Cute costumes -- and I love the van!

Harry Potter! Yes!

Oh my goodness- I saw your van drive by on the way to the stake center and I literally GASPED! Nice job on the costumes as well- Thanks for sharing at My Dear Trash

I love this post so much. I wanted to say though that my favourite part of all of your posts is reading your joys. So uplifting.