Doll Junkie

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 8:48 PM

2

I'm all done.



Well, almost. I still have to do a few buttons and buttonholes, a snap or two, and a couple of grosgrain bows. Finishing touches.

But all told, I have made two dresses (with bloomers), two footed rompers, two hats, two jackets, and two knit jogging suits (let the record show that I am never EVER sewing with furry, shiny, slippery synthetic knit fabric EVER AGAIN. Soooooo many cuss words.)

As I plowed through the Fuzzy Yellow Beast this afternoon, I could feel my sewing mojo slipping away. It's been so fun, but I'm ready to hit the pause button. I have spent every free moment working on this stuff for the last two weeks, striking while the iron was hot, as it were - and it's a good thing too, because Christmas is December 25th whether my mojo fizzles out or not.

I've done enough that I can take a break for a little while - perhaps to tend to this publication more regularly, or to chase the fruit flies out of my filthy neglected kitchen - and still have time to finish everything up in time for Santa to put it under the tree.

(Who am I kidding? There's no way I'm letting that nice fat man take credit for all my hard work!)

Comments (2)

They look adorable from what I have seen! She is going to love them, what a special gift.

I'm excited to hear about the girls' reactions! When I lost my mojo, I just quit. Maybe for Lexi's birthday...