Dressember 2: Autumn

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Friday, December 2, 2011 at 1:09 PM

2

When I was 12, I was obsessed with Color Me Beautiful.

(Who am I kidding, I still kind of am!)

I take those quizzes every time I find a new one, and the same thing always, always, always comes up. No doubt about it: autumn.

When you're colored like me, it's a sure bet that if there are costumes to be distributed, everyone knows who is getting the pea green, poop brown, or pumpkin orange number. And don't get me wrong - I love those colors, and I do look good in them. But there comes a point when a person decides she doesn't want to go through her entire life looking like a suite of 1970's appliances.

So I kind of stayed away from those typical "autumnal" colors for a while.

Then today, I felt like wearing them all at once.

I look, as That Guy I Married would say, "seasonal". I think that's what he says when he wants to say something about my outfit, but isn't quite sure which direction to go.



(I just realized, this very moment, that it looks like I was photographed from a stepladder of a certain height. That is actually just my very tall, wonderful wonderful friend Kim holding the camera!)

Earrings: Target, I think, via Aunt Holly
Scarf: handmade by this amazing, wonderful lady
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Top: Anthropologie
Bracelet: Urban Yoga boutique
Dress, worn as skirt: (I like it, I love it, I bought it at) Ross
Leggings and boot socks not seen, but felt - it was chilly today!
Boots: Born

Comments (2)

i am a winter. i always want to wear autumns colors but most of them don't go well with me. They look awesome on you!

i am a winter. i always want to wear autumns colors but most of them don't go well with me. They look awesome on you!