Dressember 24: Christmas Eve

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM

0

At the 11th Annual Dalton-Dixon Christmas Eve Extravaganza (see my festive red and green?) I've worn it all before, but I haven't worn it all *together* before - that's the key!

The party was absolutely lovely, in case you were wondering. (Almost) all of my favorite people were there. I am so blessed to have my family! There really is nothing else that matters much at all.



I really think I'm starting to see a little bit of extra muscle in my legs from the running - I'm so excited for this!

Earrings: seen 'em - they're small and gold, what can I say? I think maybe i need some new ones.
Top: Anthropologie
Skirt: Banana Republic
Watch: Kenneth Cole
Belt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Michael Kors


Then we came home and opened our traditional Christmas Eve jammies (would you believe I found a ballet dancing pig set for Eve?)



Then we put the kids down as quickly as humanly possible, because we still had a LOT of wrapping to do. More than wrapping, actually - I had some finishing touches for the doll clothes, and David aka "Father of the Year" scrubbed Eve's secondhand bicycle with Simple Green and a toothbrush to get it looking brand-spanking-new.



This year is "brown paper packages tied up with strings" - except Eve's bike, which got the old tried-and-true blanket treatment:



Then Mr. Claus and I made sure that Santa's cookies were duly nibbled, milk drunk, and Rudolph's water tinged pink (from his red nose, obviously).



The trash and recycle bins are emptied so no observant 8-year-olds-who-still-believe-we-THINK-anyway spot the evidence and put two and two together. (He locked himself in his room tonight, I have no idea why. I'm thinking he must still think something magical is going on, though.)

I think something magical is about to happen - my bed is going to feel pretty magical after all this hard work!

Warmest, loveliest, most joyous, magical Christmas to each and every one of you.

Comments (0)