Dressember 30: Life's a beach

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 2:10 PM

3

If there is a way to choose the order in which my pictures show up in the Blogger app, I haven't yet found it.

Yesterday, That Guy I Married was "Rob" on our vacation. So he was golfing all afternoon, and I knew these kids had to get to the beach on this trip. Since I didn't know what else to do with them, I loaded them on the downtown-waterfront shuttle and let them play in the sand and surf for a couple of hours.

I was scared. I was pretty sure it was a bad idea. One of me, three of them, plus the Treacherous Ocean Currents.

But it went perfectly. We had a lovely time, and they were much less trouble at the beach than they are contained in a house. Their energy levels are just much better suited to the great outdoors!

So I present to you, in no particular order:

Devlin building an elaborate trench-and-retaining-wall system

Iris looking mischievous

Eve playing very happily approximately a mile away from the water line

All three kids in one frame: Devlin and Iris frolicking in the waves and throwing rocks, and Eve screeching in terror every time the water came in contact with anyone's toes

The seagulls, which Eve called "eagles"

Three kids and their treats outside the Anderson bakery on State Street, which is where I have spent more money than any other establishment in Santa Barbara. I thought we all earned a yummy reward on the way home from our successful beach trip!

My Dressember outfit, which we not a dress, because I was at the beach alone with three children. I was dressed for action! And on day 3 with no shower. Yay hats.

Hat: Banana Republic, thrifted
Cardigan: Anthro
Striped top: Bailey 44, Anthro
Bracelet: So Good Jewelry
Pants: Level 99, Anthro
Flip flops, not pictured: OluKai

Comments (3)

I love you. And I love that for the last several days I haven't had to check your blog to know what you're up to. :)

Lovely day at the beach. Idyllic!

That Iris has hair just made for the beach! Such a cutie pie! I love how Eve won't go near the water. I can't say I really blame her. It IS December after all. I also love how Devlin doesn't create anything as mundane as a castle. It had to be a trench and retaining wall system. That's just sheer awesomeness!