Dressember 4: Who Says Red and Purple Don't Match?

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 6:51 PM

2

Yesterday, my kids were magical, spritely beings, and I was a Mother Goddess.

Today, I'm thinking if they gift me another precious piece piece of artwork, or leaf, or if Devlin asks me one more time, with a roll of his eyes, if I can "make Iris put a sock in it", we're all going to be on the evening news.

My cup floweth over, and it's a little bit more than I can swallow just at the moment.

However, the only photo I have of today is my outfit, which was pretty awesome, so hopefully that will be all I remember.



Turns out I didn't get a shot of the dress under my coat, which I guess means I get to dust it off for some other Dressember day and pretend I haven't worn it yet. Bonus!

Earrings: Nordstrom Rack
Necklace: a gift from this sweet lady
Trench: Banana Republic, thrifted about 15 years ago
Dress That You Can't See: Boden
Tights: DKNY
Shoes: Exchange by Charles David (from Last Chance)

Comments (2)

So, let me get this straight. You will wear a dress EVERY DAY of December? Is that the point of this? Fascinating. I don't even own enough dresses/skirts to get me through one week. Plus, I feel wierd wearing them, if it's not church, which I need to get over, and I'm working on. Anywho...good for you and your dress wearing self.

That's right, a dress every day!

Dressember goals are to reinvigorate and rediscover items already in one's closet, to shake up the routine, get out of the rut, celebrate our femininity, and spark people's curiosity. "Why 'dress up?'" "What's the point?"

Just something to participate in if you are moved to do so. <3