Dressember 5: Old Faithful

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, December 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM

3

I got this dress for Eve's blessing day.

Just as a reminder, Eve will be 6 years old in not so very long.

Because of its flexible fabric and kind and generous cut, this dress was one of the last things I grew out of when I was pregnant, and one of the first items to fit again post-birth.

It has seen a lot of action.

For better or for worse, it still looks brand new, so while I might be sick of the sight of it, it still has a lot of life left, and I resolved to find a new, winterized way to wear it today.

My feet were freezing, but it was worth it.



Earrings: a gift from That Guy I Married, some where in Etsyland
Sweater coat: Anthropologie
Dress: BCBG Max Azria
Brown cami: Shade Clothing
Leggings: Last Chance
Shoes: Steve Madden

Comments (3)

Man it would exhaust me to look this cute every day! How do you do it?!

It was FREEZING today. I loved it- felt like winter! I like how you have timeless pieces in your wardrobe- buying high quality is worth it.

Hahaha, funny story Samantha: today, I started off wearing a yoga-type hoodie and Simple shoes, to try something really casual, but it just didn't work for me at all. I felt uncomfortable all morning.

It's really just a question of your routine, and what you have in your closet. I've been building my wardrobe for a lot of years, and over time, you just get stuff in there and you figure out what goes with what.

It's no harder to put on a jersey dress, squishy sweater coat, and heels than it is to put on jeans, a sweatshirt, and sneakers. Same number of pieces. Same comfort level. Substitute flats if you don't like heels, whatever.