Dressember 8 and 9: Two for One

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Friday, December 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM

3

I am way too tired to post anything but outfits today. Maybe tomorrow I'll take pictures of my kids kneeling angelically in front of the Christmas tree praying or something, to make up for an entire straight month of nothing but me-me-me fashion posts!

Dressember 8: some tried-and-true favorites:



Necklace and earrings: gift from Granny D (my mother-in-law)
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Dress: Boden
Socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: Last Chance

Dressember 9: trying this dress a little different way, which I think was very successful:



Earrings: gift from Aunt Holly
Red top: Anthropologie
Dress: Maggy London via Nordstrom Rack
Tights: Spanx (Iris put a huge run in these today, so kiss them goodbye!)
Boot socks: Target
Boots: Last Chance
(piggy watering can: Tuesday Morning!)

Comments (3)

I just want to know where you go every day that lets you get dressed up so nicely. I rarely have any reason to get dressed or put on make-up. In fact, I feel more myself in just my work out clothes. I look at your posts and see how gorgeous and fashionable you are and it looks like you are headed to a performance every day. [sigh] Amazing.

I am doing this challenge and I love it! My mom said she wants to do it next year. It makes me feel great and it makes me feel pretty. And you are fabulous by the way. I wish I was as fashionable.

Tara, I just have a regular old mom life! I don't know if I go out more of less than the average person, but if I leave the house (and I'm not going to the gym) then I am dressed and have makeup on. It's just how I roll! I think if my skin were nicer I would go without makeup more often...

Anyway, the places I go are places like the library, the grocery store, "treasure hunting" (aka Goodwill or DI), out to lunch with a friend (at a place that hands out crayons for kids), and the park. That's 95% of where I go, really.

Anyway, this is not really a big leap for me, comfort-level-wise. I don't wear a dress *every* day, but I do wear dresses and skirts very often. I can totally understand it being a "giant step" if you're used to dressing more casually, and that's totally cool. I don't think everyone should dress like me, or any particular way! I just hope everyone feels beautiful and comfortable and confident, however they look. THAT is beautiful.