Misstep

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:18 PM

2

I did a lot of good things today.

I had oatmeal raisin cookies ready for my kids when they got home from school.

I folded laundry.

I ran.

I let Iris nap with her sweaty, dark-shadowed head on my lap.

I made my family a nice healthy dinner (using homemade vegetable broth!), even though I worked this evening.

I taught a room full of moms- and dads-to-be about breastfeeding.

But the thing that sticks out in my mind is that today was the day I broke my first New Year's resolution.

I lost control of my temper, and I yelled at Eve. It doesn't even matter why. She was being a stinker, and I was awoken from a catnap to referee a disagreement that was the exact same as one I had mediated the previous afternoon - but I am responsible for my own actions.

And I did bad.

Trying to put it behind me, and start fresh tomorrow.

I can do that, right?

Comments (2)

Oh dear. I did that just last week, loosing my cool at my 2.5 year old. Tomorrow is a new day. Eve will forgive you. You're still a great Mommy!

YES!
And it's nice to see another mama has the same resolution... and struggles with it.

Miss you!!