A poet, and he knows it

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM

2

Remember the Hale Elementary variety show last year?

(I know I'm his mom and everything, but I think that is one awesome kid right there.)

Tomorrow Devlin is auditioning for this year's show, which is themed "The Wild West".

I was able to talk him out of a lasso demonstration (he prefers to practice with a shoelace he found on the ground at a bus stop in Santa Barbara around the neck of our outdoor chiminea fireplace), and some kind of epileptic style of line dance that he has developed, and steer him toward something in which he has proven, demonstrable skill: poetry recitation.

His biggest problem is the fact that he has lost three of his front top teeth since Christmas, resulting in a formidable lisp.



I've got my fingers crossed, but I don't think he'll need it.

Comments (2)

Oh, so cute!!

He has a slight british acceent, no?